Thursday, August 15, 2019

REVIEW: Hasbro Style Series Ariel & Belle

I was surprised to see the Style Series in stores so quickly. I got these at Target for $24.99 each.

Gonna state right now that I am very annoyed that the two white characters are readily available, while the one non-white character is only available from Hasbro Pulse right now and I don't want to pay $7.99 shipping.

I really only wanted Mulan, but when I saw these others, I caved. Let's face it, they're pretty gorgeous.

The box is a lovely, simple design. If I was a boxed collector, I'd be pleased.








The art on the back is also gorgeous. And the design once again is perfect. Elegant, simple and sleek.







Here's Belle.

They had 2 Ariel and 4 Belle.








And her art.








Ariel is 1, Belle is 3. Again, this makes it even more annoying that Mulan was left out, because she's clearly 2.





Deboxing was fairly simple.

I will say straight off that if you were expecting full articulation, you will not be happy. The knees are not articulated. For $24.99, I really expected articulated knees. And a stand would have been nice. It's not like that's a cheap price.







She's beautiful and all, but yeah, I'm not seeing $24.99.







I do adore the purse.






And the necklace.

If you can pick yours out in person, make sure you check the lashes. Some of them are pretty sparse.





Close up on the shoes.

I like Belle, but she's the weakest of the 3 for me. Her hair isn't the best quality either. Mine is currently in the salon.




Then there's Ariel. I am not a big Ariel fan. I know my entire bathroom is outfitted in mermaids because of the Ariel & Her Sisters line, but the key word there is "sisters." I adore her sisters. Ariel's pretty much an idiot.

That said, this is one of the best Ariel dolls I've ever seen. She's perfectly stunning. Her hair is silky and lays so nicely.

The design of the outfit is spot on, too. I love the mermaid skirt with the overlay that billows out like a wave. And the top is just fabulous.





Beautiful!





Shot of the headband.



And the shoes. Sorry that's not a better pic. I thought they were pearl, but they're a faint lavender pearl, which is nice. They do not stay on as well as Belle's though, so maybe leave the plastic bands on them so they don't fall off? I'm not putting them back on mine, but yeah, they're not stable. And the skirt is so long, you won't see the bands holding them on, because you can't even see the shoes with the skirt down. The only flaw of this outfit.

I REALLY want Mulan now. So not happy she's not in stock on Target or Amazon.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment