Thursday, October 5, 2017

REVIEW: Shoppies Blossom Apples & Melodine

It's been way too long since I've done a review, I know! I've actually had these girls for awhile, but was too lazy to open them, because I knew I'd be redoing two displays to find space for them. And because sometimes I'm just that tired of packaging that I don't want to deal with the hardship.

Moose is really cranking out the Shoppies way too fast. It still hasn't been that long since the first wave of World Vacation were in stores and then came the Asian wave and now the Americas wave!


I have Rosa Pinata from the Americas wave on her way to me, so that will be another review coming soon.

When pictures of these were first released, I was really excited, because I love dolls with green hair. Like bright green not mint. You see mint fairly often, but not bright apple green like Blossom's.

Granted, she's also a little confusing, because we already have an apple character: Kristina Apples.


Kristina would have been fabulous, too, because I don't think we have a Shoppie with bright red hair yet, do we? Rosie's the closest and she's not that fire engine red.

But we got Blossom instead and I can't complain, because again: green hair.

Her hair is a blend of that bright green with a much lighter yellowish-green. Her bright colors make me smile. There's been way too much pink in Shoppieland recently and she doesn't have a speck on her!

Blossom is really super cute and even though I'm not into apples much, she's up there on my list of faves. Not high up, but easily in the top 10.




Melodine is a very different sort of Shoppie. Not many of them have that bold eyeshadow she's got, plus she's got music notes on her face!

I think when her pics were first found, people complained that she looked like Pirouetta, but that's literally just the shoes and even then, they're different.


Melodine reminds me of a couple of awesome characters. Her color scheme is very "What if Rarity from My Little Pony was a Shoppie" and then she's got the musical theme and that reminds me of Musa from Winx Club. Something about the art post and her long hair reminds me of some of Musa's looks, even though her hair is dark blue.


My only real complaint about Melodine is that she has this neat headband, like she's some sort of musical magical girl (like Musa), but you can't see it, because her giant bangs obscure it.

She really does look like a musical magical girl. It's the outfit.

Melodine is also one of the few Shoppies that originated in the Happy Places line and actually looks like her Lil Shoppie doll. The skirt and shoes are right. The top is right with some enhancements, which make sense because she's bigger. The hair is longer and the headband has been redesigned (for the better), but really, she looks a lot like her little doll.


I wish they'd do this more often, although sometimes it works in the doll's favor to be changed. Macy Macaron looks nothing like her Lil version, but both are gorgeous. Spaghetti Sue's big doll has a better outfit, and Lucy Smoothie's big doll is an improvement in general.

I like Melodine a lot, but she didn't quite make the coffee table cut. Ha. I rearranged my display so she could stand by Gemma Stone and Tippy Teapot. Then I ended up putting a few others in the display as well, so I have plenty of room for Rosa Pinata on the table when she hopefully arrives tomorrow.








I'm cutting back on these girls and not buying nearly as many, as well as trying to sell some of my older ones, so I'm caught up for now with Rosa's impending arrival.

I think the next line is pets, so that should be interesting!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment