Friday, October 27, 2017

REVIEW: Gorjuss Ladybird Doll


I got a little sidetracked with bears and haven't bought a Gorjuss in awhile, but I finally ordered Ladybird last week. She's actually the one I'd wanted before Ruby, but Ruby was a great price and in stock at the time, whereas I had to wait for Ladybird to come back in. 

I got her from Amazon UK, as usual, and they shipped via UPS I-Parcel to USPS this time and it was faster than the previous DHL to USPS service.

Ladybird has got lovely dark brown wavy hair held back with a black ribbon headband that sports a large plum bow with white polka dots.


Her dress is a shiny, rich magenta over the same polka-dotted plum material as her bow. Her collar and a bow at the waist are also that material. The short sleeves are edged in tiny black hearts and a single black heart button is on her chest. 

Under the dress is a black mesh petticoat, which helps the skirt of the dress stand out a bit more, as the petticoat is pretty stiff. 









She also has magenta panties that match her dress material, black and white-striped knee socks, and pink mary janes a few shades lighter than her dress. 

I think her shoes should have been a bit darker. That's the only thing I can say bad about her. 

Her little bag is a soft, faux suede and has two ladybugs on it. It opens at the top and she holds it by a thin plastic band like the other Gorjuss dolls with smaller bags have. 


If you choose to adopt Ladybird, you can expect some staining. Mine has a black stain at her waist from the petticoat and a pink one from the panties. There are also stains on her shoulders from the dress armholes. 

I wish staining was something that could be stopped, but unfortunately, that hasn't been mastered yet. I'm used to it from Pullips and Tonner dolls. The more expensive dolls are definitely more prone to it! But I don't buy Gorjuss dolls to redress, so no one's ever going to see her stains as I don't plan on ever taking off her outfit. 

So in short, yet another lovely Gorjuss doll. That makes five in my collection now. Just three to go! I hope to get Pretend Friend (yellow dress) next, then On Top of the World (green dress). There's a new one in orange, but she doesn't seem readily available yet. I hope Amazon UK gets her in. And once I've gotten all those, well, I'm thinking about White Rabbit, too. I may as well get them all!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment