Friday, October 13, 2017

NEWS: DC Superhero Girls

Ladies and gents, big news tonight! We are FINALLY getting a 12" Hawkgirl action doll!

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Super-Hero-Girls-Hawkgirl/dp/B073W3DMRY

Aside from Beast Boy, Hawkgirl was the only character in action figure form that did not have a matching 12" doll. She was the main character rumored to be this past July's SDCC doll, although we ended up getting Cheetah instead.

Well, now here she is!

Credit for the find goes to darth-alinart on Tumblr, absolute master of finding new items.


I'm not sure when we'll be seeing her. Cheetah is getting a signature release, too, and an action figure, but neither of those have surfaced on Amazon that I know of.

Walmart does have the doll though:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Super-Hero-Girls-Cheetah-Fashion-Doll/750123656

Not in stock, of course, or that would have been way bigger news.


It is possible Hawkgirl could be the new Amazon exclusive, like the signature Katana they did earlier this year.

I adore the doll's face and hair. She's stunning!

Although I can see some complaints already about her torso being yellow plastic. They've never done this before on a regular-line DCSG doll, so I'm thinking the giant wings have something to do with it. Perhaps it's a design issue or as simple as cost-cutting. She does have giant plastic wings, a mask, a belt and a harness, plus boots and gauntlets. That's a lot of molded plastic pieces for one doll.

I do hope her wings are stable. My biggest complaint about the Monster High Garden Ghouls dolls is that their wings come off at the drop of a hat. Hawkgirl needs more stability than that.

I'm absolutely thrilled to see a new doll for this line. The only prospects we've had so far are signature Cheetah and her figure and the semi-lackluster Masquerade line. I hope we get an action figure Frost, too. She's the only one with a doll and no figure, aside from Blackfire, who I don't count as part of the regular line.

SO EXCITED.

PHOTO CREDITS: Amazon

1 comment:

  1. I forgot I even had a blogspot account but it's useful in this case. If nobody has been able to buy Cheetah by herself than her going up on walmart.com prematurely is a mattel oversight or maybe they were going to release her but the factory had problems with a bunch of dolls? idk, just for kicks I signed up for an e-mail alert if she ever gets in stock on walmart.com, and I did preorder hawkgirl on amazon because she and supergirl are the only ones we have dolls of that have been on the DC tv shows (the wonder woman movie was awesome but she's kinda everywhere the DCEU is pretty lackluster in comparison to the marvel universe and how well developed the Arrowverse continuity is.)

    and the dc girls are the only dolls I want anymore because barbie and monster high has gone down in quality too much, with the newest dolls for the most part only having articulated knees and nothing else, because they are trying to turn monster high dolls into barbie, although I would have liked the family sets if they came out earlier when I was younger and could still sucker people into buying me things as easily when the quality was still better and they still had every doll with the same articulation, even the budget ones.

    I'm also not really interested in the training dolls either, idk about the mission gear dolls.

    ReplyDelete