Thursday, August 18, 2016

REVIEW: Project MC2's Ember Evergreen

Kind of hard to believe that it was only on Monday that I saw this girl on TRU.com and ordered her and Devon. TRU.com's a bit pokey at shipping. Ember's not scheduled to arrive until Monday at the earliest, and Devon is Saturday. So when I saw this lovely hanging on the shelf peg, I grabbed her and Devon. Both of them appealed to me, so I brought them home, because I was itching to review them and have them smiling at me from my coffee table. I almost got McKeyla, too, but I was already buying 3 dolls, so I left her there. If she's still there when I return my extras of the new girls, I'll get her.


I had my usual deboxing issues with Ember. She did have one improvement: none of her hair was tied to any plastic bits sticking out from the back of the box. However, she has a complicated hairstyle and it got even more messed up than it already was by the deboxing struggle. I wasn't going to cut her flower crown loose, but I did (sewn to her head in FOUR places...seriously), and tried my best to smooth her hair, but there are flyaways and pieces of multiple lengths just everywhere.

Great quality hair otherwise!




Thankfully, the flower crown stays on very well.

This girl's face is so unusual and just plain beautiful. I love her rather angular cheekbones and jawline, combined with the more rounded nose. Her freckles everywhere are adorable.

There really is something special about her. She makes me smile, just like her character did once her accent smoothed out a bit.









Ember's dress is a pretty pattern in colors that look really good on her. I love that the design at the bottom is in multiple colors. Mine is more blue at the front.







But it's more pink and a hint of yellow at the back. The fabric is nice quality. It's not perfect, since it's white inside, but I actually kinda like that look.

The little shirt unties easily and she looks good both with and without it.

I love the belt with the pretty buckle.


I think she looks cute with or without the flower crown. It's so suited to her character that I'm leaving mine on, but she does look gorgeous without it. I think she'd look great redressed in all sorts of styles. I'm a big Game of Thrones fan, and I think she's got a little Rose Leslie/Sophie Turner thing going on.











Probably my favorite outfit detail is her boots. I love the colors and patterns.







I also really love her bag, although it's too heavy for her to hold in front of her and properly show it off. Right now, mine has it on her back, where it can't be seen, but she's standing on display so she can't hold it. It's such a cute fringed thing. I had no idea I was such a fan of pale pink, aqua and that soft brown, but I am!











Here's a better shot of her cute profile.









One of my concerns was the doll's height. I knew Devon would be on the heeled foot taller body, because she's an older character. But Ember I think is in the same grade. I don't actually even know what grade they're all in honestly. But anyway, Ember seems younger, so I was afraid she'd get the flat foot body even though her actress was taller than the other main girls. But yay, she has the heeled body!


So that's about it for my review of Ember. I think she's a lovely new addition to the cast. I love her style, her hair color, the doll's face, pretty much everything about her. She's one of those eco naturey types, but for some reason, she doesn't have the bad Dawn Schafer vibe.

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment