Friday, August 12, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #11

Thought I'd get this taken care of early!

Also, I will likely be picking Jillian's winner on Saturday, so if you haven't commented yet, do so!

#11: Protecting Your Doll

1. Do you own resin ball-joint dolls or vinyl fashion dolls? Approximately how long have you had them?

Both. How long? I mean, I still have plenty of toys from when I grew up in the 80s. My doll collecting started in the late 90s. So I've had lots of them for decades. My oldest BJD is 11 years old, I think.


2. Have you ever noticed the doll's body or face changing color for any reason?

I have not noticed any color changing with my vinyl dolls except for one line. Certain series of BEGoths can get yellowed heads over time.

With my BJDs, Reign has some yellowing and Alabaster completely changed. I don't even know when he changed and he's never been hanging out in the sun or anything.


3. Do you take any steps to protect your doll from color-changing, or potential color-changing?

I try to keep my collection out of direct sunlight. In my sunnier room back in Buffalo, this was harder. I had mild sun damage, but only faded clothes. Here in Florida, I don't have a sunny room, so it's not a problem at all.


4. Have you ever noticed your doll being "stained" by colored fabrics or plastics?

Yes, but they come that way. Only once have I put a Barbie dress on a doll and had it stain while she wore it.


5. Do you take any precautions to prevent your doll from staining?

Not really. You can't plastic wrap every single doll and I certainly won't keep my dolls out of black clothing. Come on. Especially now, most of my dolls stay in what they're wearing, so it's not really an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment