Thursday, August 18, 2016

REVIEW: Project MC2's Devon D'Marco

Now for the other new character! I reviewed Ember first because I spotted her first on TRU.com, but it's Devon that actually appears in the show earlier. She's in Season 2, Episode 2, while Ember doesn't show until Ep 3.

Devon is an older character, a senior. I'm not positive how old the main girls are, only that they're not old enough to drive, so I'm guessing they're either freshmen or sophomores. So Devon's got a good two years on these girls and it shows, because the actress looks a lot older. I think she's only 3 years older than the others, but she looks older than 20.

Devon's style is mostly black and white. Those brown boots are one of the only other pieces I've seen for her and I personally don't like them at all. The style is really awesome, but why would you slap that ugly tan on a character that clearly favors black and white? It's not a good match. I thought about repainting them black, but I quite like the paint splatters on the toes, so they'll probably stay as is. Sigh. At least the basic doll has better shoes.


As you can see, Devon went through a major hair change from prototype to final doll. Why they leave these photos on boxes is beyond me. Like poor Ember with her wrong face in the photos. I would love to see them do this style for her someday. I like it.

The doll's hair is very pretty and actually looks better than the wig they gave the poor actress. That thing just looks so obviously fake, not like dyed hair at all.


Devon has some problems with standing, because her pants kind of act like marionette strings. The legs are so tight and constricting that moving her waist pulls at her legs and her knees seem to be in a battle against the pants, because they just won't stabilize.

I give massive points to whoever designed her though, because that design on her pants is so Keith Haring, which is very fitting for Devon but would probably be frowned upon by parents if they knew who he was.





Devon has a beautifully unique face, much like Ember. Devon's is quite long and thin, lacking the angles of Ember's, Her overly huge eyes almost give her an alien appearance, which is a bit odd, although I like it. She probably looks the least like her actress of all the dolls though.












Like Ember, she has a striking profile.

I love her little spike earrings, too. Second edition basic McKeyla also has these.




Her shirt is cute without the jacket, but I prefer it with. Devon's style is a bit odd. It combines artsy and athletic with the almost monochromatic color scheme. She's a rebellious character and definitely very into her art, so I'll be curious to see if she ever gets a sports theme or if these jersey-style shirts are just kinda random.


Devon's bag isn't as pretty as Ember's, but it is very well-suited to her. I like it a lot and I filled it with some art supplies from other dolls.

That's one thing that kinda sucks about the experiment dolls. For $27, you get a well-dressed doll and an experiment, but the accessories for the doll are lessened. Devon only gets the bag and a pair of earrings. Not even one can of spray paint or a jar of her puff paint and a brush? And a bracelet? She needs a bracelet.




Devon's boots give her the illusion of being even taller than the tall body girls, but she isn't. She's the same size as Ember.


I gave the girls some accessories they needed. Ember got a couple bracelets and Devon got a white spiky one from MH Venus. Now they feel a bit more complete!

I love these two new girls, both on the show and in doll form. I hope to see the 3rd edition basics become available soon, because both Devon and Ember have excellent outfits and hair in that line, too!

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment