Monday, August 15, 2016

NEWS: Project MC2

I'm totally behind, because I'm sure all the big name bloggers have already mentioned this, but for once, I'm super glad to be behind! You see, I've been watching for the new Strawberry Shortcake Orange Blossom and Marmalade by Bridge Direct to come out and I Googled it and learned that TRU had her in stock. She's probably been there awhile, considering I've been searching for "Orange Blossom" and she's only listed as Orange. Although she didn't turn up in the regular SSC search either. Typical TRU really. But I wanted the free shipping, because why pay $5.99 for shipping when I could just add $8.01 and get free shipping? Except finding items that cheap isn't easy. I actually had the second edition Bryden in my cart, but then kept looking for something cheaper, only I made the mistake (from my wallet's point of view) of looking at the new items in the doll section. Well, I stumbled across the third edition PMC2! I had no idea these were coming out. I looked at Adrienne, Bryden and McKeyla, and while cute, they were nothing I needed. Then...there came Ember.

Yeah, I needed this strange-faced little hippie chick who reminds me of Ashley Wyeth from the BSC books. So I ended up spending more than I planned on, but I just fell in love with this girl! Then I decided to make this post and went into all the listings to save the photos. That's when I saw the back of Ember's box here and learned that she was not the only new girl!

Black hair with blue streaks?

Well-played, MGAE. Well-played. One of my weaknesses. I am sad she doesn't have the bangs in the photo though.

Devon is another unusual-faced girl. Neither of these two is conventionally pretty, but they're still very appealing. They got Devon's face shape right, but when they made her eyes bigger, they kind of made her look alien, which I like. Although I do question pairing those ugly boots with the cute black and white outfit. Like really? Why would she wear that color when she's all black and white otherwise?

Anyway, the reason I'm happy to be behind is that if I'd known about these earlier, I would have been veeeeeeeeeery impatient waiting for them. But since I learned about them when they were out, now I just have to wait for delivery!

Let's take a look at the others.


Adrienne has this same color combo yet again. Can we get her something else? Her outfits are cute, but the others all vary their colors better. How about some other pastels for this girl? She's a pass.

Bryden sort of looks like she's going skiing. And she made pants out of Glitter 'n' Gold Jem's stockings. The shoes are super cute and I like the bag, but she's a pass for me.

McKeyla always manages to tempt me. That pug life shirt. Heh. Her bag is just fabulous, too. I dunno. I may end up with this girl and give her badass boots to Devon, because McKeyla could make those brown things of Devon's work.


Camryn's not in the $26.99 line, but she comes as a $39.99 special doll on a hoverboard.








Basic Adrienne is looking good! This is a really cute outfit. I'd consider getting her on sale.




Basic Bryden's outfit is awesome, but I really don't care for the hairstyle. Weird partial updos are just not my thing.


Camryn, I want that dino shirt.



McKeyla's cute and then you get to the pencil socks and she just goes into super cute.




Ember wins the basics though. There's really something special about this girl!


And Devon brings us to a close with her even better than her deluxe doll hair and adorable outfit. She and Ember are musts for me. The others I might pick up on clearance.

So there we have it. Project MC2 continues on strong and we've got two new gorgeous girls that are something more outside the box. I'll put up reviews of Ember and Devon once they arrive!

All of the deluxe girls including Camryn are available on ToysRUs.com. They don't turn up if you search for Project MC2 though, so do a search for "project devon" or "project _____" and you'll find who you're looking for.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go switch my Descendants out of their display spot so Project MC2 can go back to where I originally had them. That spot in front of the BJD bed gets a lot of switching.

PHOTO CREDITS: Deluxe promo photos from ToysRUs.com. Basic promo photos from Littlewoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment