Sunday, January 1, 2023

BEST OF 2022

I started this last year, I think. I do a best of post to show off some of my favorite purchases of the year. I try to stick to one doll and one Charlie Bear per month, but of course some months will have multiples. 

January's doll is the gorgeous Momoko Monochrome Bird Darkness, my first Momoko purchase since 2010. She's stunning. I love her. She's currently tucked away with my other Asian dolls, waiting for me to finish organizing my bookcases. 





Cranky Rockpile the weasel is January's CB. 


Not that he appreciates it. Grump.



February's doll is the stunning Margot from Rainbow High's Pacific Coast line. 


Can you believe Pacific Coast was in 2022? It feels like they came out forever ago. 




Patience is an older bear that takes the colorful February spot. 










March has two dolls.


The first is Ruby Red Fashion Friends exclusive Elena. 




And the second is Manhattan from the extremely hard to find Passport Friends line. 


Elena was a Russian LE and nearly impossible to get, but it's actually Manhattan that's even rarer, because you never see Passport Friends stuff for sale. 


After two dolls, there are three March bears!

And not one of them is a bear. 

Gatekeeper was the first gargoyle I got. 




And Turret was the second. 




Then came the beautiful purple dragon, Scorch. 




April also has two dolls.


Heather is the Shadow High I thought would be my favorite. 




And Shani was the one that surprised me with how much I love her. It's actually Shani that still remains in the coveted end table spot. Heather went into my toy room to hang out with Elena.





April's bear is another dragon. This black and purple stunner is named Chimney. 






Nellie, the Ruby Red Fashion Friends steampunk girl from the Siblies line, is my choice for May. 




Burrows the mole is one of my choices for May. 




As is Zach. I actually had a Zach earlier than this. I have two of him, as he's one of my faves. But this one is my favorite of the pair and he arrived in May. 





I'm throwing a last minute addition in here. I realized I left out the third gargoyle and that can't be done. 

This is Lockmaster, also representing May. 




Back to multiple dolls. I'm really bad at picking only one favorite thing, okay?


Mila was one of my two favorites from June. 




And Naomi was the other. 




June's bear is Kirsteen, one I knew I'd like but didn't expect to absolutely love, yet here we are. 





July's doll is a vinyl BJD called Night Angel. 




And this sweet-faced bear is Shoofly Pie. 




Oh, now here we go. August's doll choice could only be Cleo de Nile from the revamped Monster High G3. 




August's bear is named Pecan Pie. He's my favorite of the four similar designs that came out this year. 




We head to American Girl for September's doll. They killed it with their Truly Me offerings this year and #109 is my favorite. (This is not her stock outfit, but does anyone keep their Truly Mes in their stock?)




Embers is the only dragon made for the 2023 collection. Scorch and Chimney above and Lantern below were actually part of 2022's collection. Everything is delayed with CBs since the pandemic. 

I rarely see brown dragons like this, so Embers is actually my favorite of them all. 




Daisy is one of two dolls for October. She's an older Ruby Red Fashion Friends that I stupidly didn't get when she came out, but I bought her for only a little over retail on ebay. 



My other choice for October is Nebula! She's the one on the right there. She's an extremely rare Sugar Planet doll. 




October's bear selection is the adorable Lantern, who flew in just in time for Halloween. 





Monster High Creepover Twyla is an easy choice for November. 




But the Astra Girls also must be included! I love them both so much. 




My last doll of 2022, RRFF's Fierce Sabrina, takes the last doll spot of the year. 




Trifle is the last bear of the year. 





While Chester won't be left out. He can be the last (only) tree kangaroo of the year. 








So that wraps up another great year of collecting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment