Tuesday, January 17, 2023

REVIEW: Magic Mixies Mixlings Series 2


Got my hands on some of Series 2, so this post is going to be for toy pictures and the next post will be for the codes. 

I ordered online, so I went with the double cauldrons because when you're looking through cases in stores, the doubles have less repeat codes in the case than the singles do. 

I didn't take any photos of the checklist. If it's something that's wanted, let me know. 

So these are the Spellsters. They repeat molds from Series 1, but they're made of translucent materials that glow in the dark. This time it's their whole bodies that glow and not just hands or other details. 

The Fliers are the other set that repeat from Series 1, but I didn't open any.

L to R: Wumple, Yanzel, Nakuti (one of my faves), Nim, Geckler. Geckler is the same as one from Series 1, except his body is the new material. 


This is one of the three new styles. These are the Castlings. 

L to R: Jemin, Lenix, Kesta (another fave), Mopoke, Misha. 

This is definitely my favorite of the new sets. I love the axolotls, bats and koalas.



They open their arms and a little spell pops out from their bellies. Each one is different.

L to R: Lenix is flickering flame. Kesta is freezing phase. Mopoke is shooting star. Misha is healing heart. Jemin is blooming beam. 



The second new set is the Spellgazers. 

These have hollow heads with faces that shift between three different designs. 

These two are Hiro and Truzy. 




Second face. 




Third face. 




And the third new set is called Charmlings. These have a translucent body that is normally in a color, like the orange on Ockle here. You can see another material inside and if you shake him, he's like a snow globe. 

If you run him under hot water, the orange turns clear and you can see the filler material. Ockle has gold glitter and a pink heart floating around in there. 

It's cold in here, so he actually gets even lighter than the picture here. He started going back to orange the second he was out from under the stream of hot water. 

This set is really cool. I prefer the animal inspirations for the Castlings, but I like the gimmick better for these. 



I also got the 4-pack. 


Nallo is one of the glowing Spellsters. This is my favorite mold of all time, so having him be translucent dark blue with constellations should have made him a big favorite for me, but they spackled his face with so much glitter. Ugh. So unnecessary. 

Scally is a Flier. This is a repeat mold from Series 1.

Lanu and his defending gem power represent the Castlings. And Ayma is a Charmling. Her mold is one of my favorites from Series 2. I didn't take a photo of her transformed, but she's filled with pastel pink, yellow and blue balls that remind me of gumballs. 

So those are my Series 2 Mixlings so far. When I get a lot more, I'll do another big post showing them all like I did for Series 1. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment