Tuesday, January 17, 2023

REVIEW: Disney ILY 4Ever Ariel and Jasmine fan dolls, Jasmine and Aurora outfit packs


The Ariel and Jasmine fan dolls are easiest to review together, because I've got them overlapping a lot of pieces. 

The Ariel fan here was my initial favorite from the line. Sadly, mine appears to look the goofiest in photos. I don't notice it as much in person. Sigh. I think I'll check her out in Target once they finally get them in and see if I can find one with more perfect eyes. She's not off that much but something about her mold just cannot handle any wonk. 




She is one of the ones that had gel, so she got it washed out. I'm not a big fan of her hair quality. She might get boil treated eventually. 

I usually hate those silly hair knots, but I don't completely hate it on her. 



I like all of her stock except the pants. Ariel isn't exactly known for wearing pink in her mermaid form, so I wish they'd gone with more greens for this outfit. 




Love the details on the hoodie. 



Forgot I did take a photo of the entire stock. 

Sigh. I'm struggling with my allergies today and they're making my head fuzzy. 

Love her necklace. She has my favorite necklace by far. 



This is surprisingly cute. My plan for an Ariel fan doll is to get her fashion pack and combine bits. It's just not a high priority, because I'll need another doll to wear it. Likely another of this girl. She does look good in these colors. 




Her food item.




Okay, now we'll jump to Jasmine. 

Another gelled girl that had to have it washed out. 

Her hair is neat and curly, though one side is tighter than the other. Alas. 




Stock. 

I think the little purple thing is a notebook? Mine is really hard to open and I don't want to break it. 




Love this tee. One of the best clothing items in the entire line. 




Do not love this shirt, but don't hate it as much as I thought I would. 

Do love the sandals. 

Her purse is one of the few without a fabric strap, but the chain is fine in rubber. 



Food item. 




Here's the Jasmine outfit.


Out of the box. 

Y'know, the little handheld accessories like the clutch annoy me, because they're not even trying to make ways for the dolls to hold them. They fail compared to other lines that way. 



This is fun on. 




But I had other plans. My favorite doll needs to wear my favorite princess. 



So she's got the tee, bracelet and purse from the stock, combined with the pants, shoes, bracelet, necklace and scrunchy from the outfit pack. 

Love it. 

This doll is still my favorite. Even with her expression and her hairstyle that I usually don't like. She just makes me happy. 



Now what would look best on our blonde doll?

How about the Aurora pack?

The Aurora, Belle and Cinderella packs are the strongest ones for me, though none of the others I have are disappointing in any way. 



I love whoever came up with this totally Mal outfit. 

The fishnets are not a separate piece. Just thought I'd note that. 




This was not my favorite doll, but she rocks in this outfit. 




So cute. It makes me love her. 




The headband even works, even though I didn't want to take her stock hair out of its little mini Jasmine ponytail. 



I like the clear plastic bag, though I'm not sure if it's a tote or a shopping bag. 

She comes with a concert ticket, so maybe a merch bag. 




So yeah, final look for her is just the entire Aurora pack. 


Very happy with these girls overall. They were a lot of fun to open and redress. A lot of good details here. I would like to see improvements in the bodies and the hair quality. I'd also love to see some body diversity and I want them to go nuts with diversity in general. Lots of different skintone and hair combos already and I want that to continue. 



I did come up with some names while playing around with them. 

These two are cousins: Diana and Bianca. 

Diana's name just popped into my head. No Wonder Woman connection. Or mythology. I've liked the name for eons, because I had a friend named Diana when I was in kindergarten.

Bianca I thought of because of Snow White. I played around with other stuff, but she just yelled at me that her name was Bianca, dammit, and to move on to naming someone else. 




BFFs Mika and Sumitha. 

Mika came from the Meeko shirt. I never claimed to be great at names. 

Sumitha is an old YA series character. I was trying for book names for everyone but gave up pretty quickly. 


And our couple, Janelle and Violet. 

Janelle, as I explained in her review, is from the Truly Devious book series. 

I actually came up with Violet when I originally planned to put this doll in the Aurora outfit. Just thinking of all the purple going on here. She also reminds me a smidge of Piper Perabo's Violet from Coyote Ugly. The amusing thing is that Janelle's partner in Truly Devious is named Vi, so pairing these two was obvious. 

It honestly is weird having to name dolls. I'm so used to character-based lines these days. It's been forever since I had to name a doll that wasn't an American Girl. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment