Thursday, January 5, 2023

REVIEW: Shadow High Series 2 Dia Mante



Another of those reviews that takes 2 days because of hair gel. Sigh. 

Dia made it here yesterday, but I had to wash her hair TWICE to get all the gel out. I swear, they're making RH/SH gel more resilient. 

For some reason, Dia costs quite a bit more than the others on Amazon, but I ordered her anyway.




The back of the box features her with Electra, so the third pairing is Glitch and Rexx.





Stand, comb and hangers. No interesting colors here.



She lacks in the accessory department, too. She's got the makeup stuff minus the lip gloss tube or whatever that was. Then she has a cup and some sunglasses but no phone. I actually like the phones, so this makes me sad. 



Closed palette. 

I would have done a phone and case in place of this. 




Still with gel in her hair. 

This is the only time you'll see her in these clothes. 




Without the fat jacket. 




The boots are actually really cute without the stupid pouches. 




The stupid pouches. 

So glad they're removable. 



Outfit pieces. All well-made, just not my style by a long shot. 

The bodysuit isn't awful and would be useable as a swimsuit if someone wanted one. 




If you're going to be photographed in only your glittering catsuit, wear your sunglasses. 

I do like this catsuit. 

And the sunglasses honestly, but I don't want to hide her eyes. 




Simple round but also iridescent earrings. Cute. 



So here she is after two hair washings and one redress. The dress and shoes are both from Ainsley's designs. 

I love that they finally made a short-haired girl, but it sucks that they've put their usual talent for cutting bangs onto her as well. Meaning there is none. RH/SH bangs are always so bad. 

I had to trim up a lot of longer bits of hair, too, and there are still some I could clean up. 

And her bob isn't cut evenly in the back. I'm letting it go for now but might touch it up later. 

Bottom line: MGAE sucks at cutting hair. 



I love this dress over the catsuit. 

Her nails are glittery. 




She's definitely a sassy character. Excellent makeup. I would actually wear that style. 



Dia is a great doll for redressing. Maybe other people will like her stock outfit, but it's not for me. 

I really wish they'd done a better job with her hair. How are OMG dolls with short hair so much better? They're within the same company! 

I'm glad I got her though. As I keep saying, the doll herself is lovely, and she redresses well. I've seen excellent pics of her on IG wearing other clothes, too. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment