Wednesday, January 4, 2023

NEW LINE: Disney ILY 4Ever

Man, a lot has been appearing for this brand new line in the past two days! I'm not posting pics because we have no official ones yet, but you can see them all over IG. This might be the biggest brand release I've ever seen! There's SO MUCH. 

ILY has been an 18" doll brand for a while now. They're the big Disney dolls you see in Target. These are 1/6 scale dolls with inset eyes and what look to be quite articulated bodies. They're Disney fans, not representations of the characters. 


DOLLS: 

Snow White: Cute face and hair. Love the freckles. Love the red top and the sneakers. The overalls look weirdly cut. There's something not flattering there. Don't like the socks. Love the backpack. Hate the sweater. Will probably get her eventually. 

Tiana: LOVE the doll. My second favorite after Ariel. Love the skirt with suspenders. I don't like the top. The lavender seems clashy and the New Orleans theme is boring. I would have given her a black tee with a Tiana's Place logo. Hate the jacket. You are not likely to need a heavy fur jacket in either California or Florida. 

Jasmine: Great tee. The shorts are cute enough. Good sandals. I don't love the blue shirt but I don't hate it. Purse is cute. The doll is the most basic but she's still pretty. 

Cinderella: Gorgeous doll, meh everything else. The cut of the top is nice, but it's boring otherwise. The sweatshirt is hideous. The pants are okay. Shoes are cute. Purse is cute. 

Ariel: My favorite doll! She's stunning. Love the cut of the shirt and the design on it. The hoodie is super cute. Hate the pants. Those just aren't Ariel's colors. Why not use some green? Necklace is adorable. 

Belle: The best one overall. Gorgeous doll, classy outfit, appropriate colors. Great purse. 


FASHION PACKS:

Pocahontas: Gah, that plaid shirt is as ugly as the Meeko shirt is cute. I like the shorts. The boots aren't bad, but I'd love to see something Native American that did not involve fringe. I like the bird-watching idea. 

Belle: STUNNING PERFECTION. I LOVE those boots! There is not a single bad thing here. 

Mulan: Annnnnnd there are the bad things. So whoever likes Mulan, the Chinese character, HAS to be a gamer? Gaming and circuitry have nothing to do with Mulan! Pocahontas's bird-watching theme makes sense, but this is just a bad stereotype. Why they did this, I'll never understand. The jacket and shoes are fabulous though. 

Elsa: Basic but cute. Not sure what Elsa has to do with sleepwear though. 

Rapunzel: Also basic but cute. This one feels like it was meant to be on a doll. It was a wise choice from the people wanting to make money to put the more basic clothes on the dolls so you have to buy a doll and then buy fashion packs to dress her better. 

Aurora: Hey, Mal, want some new clothes? LOVE this. 

Ariel: That's a better design for Ariel on the shorts. The tops are cute, too. I like roller-skating as a pastime for the fan of the character who just learned to walk during her movie. 

Cinderella: Cute, classy and OMG that adorable purse. 

Tiana: I love the shoes. The top here might go better with the doll's skirt. This is cute overall. 

Jasmine: Okay, I'd pair the Jasmine tee from the doll with these pants and shoes. Then the tiger top goes with the doll's shorts and sandals. Yep. Gonna happen. 

Snow: I will buy this for that purse alone. But the top and skirt are cute. The skirt would be better with the red top from the doll. 


ACCESSORY PACKS: 

Cinderella: Cute room accessories. Love the books. 

Snow: The only one with an animal so far. It's a cute dog set, but I wish he was articulated. 

Rapunzel: LOVE this. I wouldn't buy it because I don't have room for playset pieces, but it's great. 

Mulan: Now this is an appropriate set for a Mulan fan, who might be a physically active type. It works. 

Belle: LOVE this. Okay, I might need this one. That rose-print husband is glorious. 

Tiana: It's cute but why not a cooking set? I mean, come on. It's Tiana. This is kinda generic when they could have gone with her obvious theme. Love the beignet bites though. 


I think that is it so far. I'm gonna be broke by this line. I'll have to get things pretty slowly because all those $30 dolls are gonna add up fast and I don't want to know what the packs cost. But I do definitely want Ariel, Belle and Tiana's dolls as soon as I can get them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment