Tuesday, January 17, 2023

REVIEW: Disney ILY 4Ever Tiana fan doll, Belle outfit & Pocahontas outfit


I have finally gotten my hands on ILY! My order from Disney was delayed by UPS and my order from Target got trapped in my package hub for five days. I had hoped to do these more gradually, but instead I'm just going to do whatever I feel like. Heh. Other people have covered these in great detail already. 

I didn't take any photos of the dolls in their boxes. Target slaps stickers over the front and some were blocking the faces, so I just opened everything. 

Deboxing thoughts: These are easy to open box-wise. You just open the bottom flap. It's not even taped. Then they're strapped down with the usual assortment of plastic bands, plastic tabs and twist ties. The worst part is that the extra clothing piece is stapled down with so many damn tiny plastic tabs. It is ridiculous. 


 If you are picky about inset eyes, try to pick these out in person or order multiples of your favorite. All of mine have at least some minor eye flaw, but their eyes are so big and the expressions can be a little exaggerated and goofy, so I don't mind a bit of wonk. 

I hated cutting the stupid mouse ears off the dolls' heads. It's a pain in the ass and it messed up the hair on a couple, so be careful. It was easy to fix the pigtails on this Tiana fan doll, but I had to completely take Cinderella fan's ponytail down because the string was hopelessly knotted in it. 



The outfit pieces vary in quality from really nice to a bit cheap.

The skirt is high quality, while the material of the furry jacket is patchy in places and just feels cheap. 

The tee is pretty basic. Nothing bad to say about it except I hate that it clashes with the skirt. I would have preferred a tee with a Tiana's Place logo. 

The shoes are a pretty tight fit. 

There's a bracelet but it looks loose so I'm leaving it strapped to her.



The straps on the backpack are fabric! Nice touch. 

Love the water bottle. Very cute. 

I'm not a fan of the mouse ears. I set all those aside. 



The balloon is hollow and the back opens to reveal a tissue-wrapped piece of play food. 



There's a little checklist that comes with these. 

They are blind-packed. 




Lots of cute stuff. 




This one came with the cupcake. 



I glanced over at my opened outfits pile and thought the Meeko shirt from the Pocahontas pack matched the skirt colors a bit better. 

Those are sneakers from the Moana pack. 





Oh, I should show the boxed pack. I have boxed pics of the fashion packs. 




Yeah, that's way cuter. 





Even this doesn't look awful, even though I dislike that jacket. 



So how does she look in the rest of the Pocahontas set? 


Adorable. 




I thought I was going to sell that plaid shirt for sure, but she makes it work. 

It was a pain to get on though. The hands do not come off and I struggled with this shirt. 




Definitely cute. 




I love the hat, but it doesn't even remotely fit. I even took her hair down to try it, but it still didn't fit. 




Now the Belle fashion pack is what I thought I was going to put her in. She's even the model on the box. 




It is cute. 



Not the barrettes so much. Had to redo her hair after taking them out. 


Ultimately, I went back to the Pocahontas outfit and the shirt went on easier this second time. Yay. 

So this is how my former Tiana fan is staying. I need to figure out names for these girls. 

Let's see, I covered outfit quality and the eyes already. Her hair is nice. Others less so. 

Her body is very sturdy. I didn't take a photo without the clothes because it's already been done. However, her biggest flaw for a doll of this price is that her body's range of motion is pretty weak. Her torso isn't shaped to fit her thighs well, so she can't even sit! She can almost get into a seated position, but she has to lean back a bit and it doesn't work. The arms are also a more limited range than other articulated dolls. 

I think these dolls are worth the price due to the amount of stuff they come with and the quality on most of the pieces. The bodies could use some minor tweaks to help with movement and they could use better hair and QC on the eyes. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment