Wednesday, January 2, 2019

NEWS: Hairdorables Series 2

Hairdorables are back with Series 2! This time there are 26 different dolls to collect spread across the same 12 characters as the first series. Willow gets the ultra rare and Harmony has the regular rare, so they have 3 dolls each, while the others have 2. Some of the accessories are color change, which frankly bores and annoys me, since the better colors are invariably only activated by the change.

A peek was shown by certain Youtubers, though none of them did proper justice, in my opinion, so I was thrilled to see the website updated today with new art and promo pics of the dolls!

Let's tackle these in alphabetical order.

Up first is Bella. Bella was my least favorite last time. She's blonde, green-eyed and way too into ballet to be that interesting. This time though, she has definitely improved!







This is Freestylin' Bella. The outfit isn't fab, but it's not horrible either. It's just a bit plain. The hairstyle is quite cute though. It looks like the pigtail twists from last time only they're shorter now. I think this look suits her very well.









Then we've got Breakdance Bella, who gets really cute art.

Not sure about the ponytail butt though. What does that actually look like?






Sort of a tiny bun on top, I guess. Not bad, but not that attractive either.

This outfit is cute, aside from the weird dripping coming off the bows on her top. What even is that? But I like the color scheme and the shoes a lot. I also really dig that both these dolls wear pants.





So Brit has lost all the natural red in her hair. It's just straight up pink now. I am not a fan of this. They have plenty of girls with unnatural hair colors. They didn't need to take away her red.

That said, I like seeing her try a new sport with baseball. The outfit and cap are cute.






Admittedly, the fishtail braid does look really cute with the multiple shades of pink.

I still miss the red though.





And then for some reason, Brit is also a cheerleader. Nothing against cheerleading, but there are a ton of sports out there and I would have preferred something less frequently seen on dolls. She should have her own cheerleaders, not be doing the cheering.







She's cute, but I dunno. I may make these two a new girl. They just don't feel like Brit.








DeeDee got into the cotton candy. Yep, this is Cotton Candy DeeDee. This art leaves a lot of questions. Like how are they going to do the barrette and skirt?



And the answer is: Not that well.

I like the idea of a braid wrapping around the barrette, but it does not translate into reality. I do love the twist across her head though, making this look different from the original line's single poof of curls.

The actual skirt is far cuter than the art, too.







This girl has a LOT going on. Polka dot dress. Striped apron. Striped socks. Fancy shoes. It's a lot.



And then, surprise! The doll has bangs. The art does not.

Not that I'm complaining. She looks adorable with bangs.

The outfit somehow works, but they ruin the cuteness of the shoes by making them shoe/sock abominations.

She's still adorable, but I think she might outfit swap with one of my Series 1 DeeDees.





Next up is one of my three favorite girls: Harmony! This look is Open Mic Harmony.

Haven't we seen this hair before?

The outfit could be straight outta Jem though and Harmony boasts the only short-haired look of the entire line, so I'll allow it.








Unfortunately, the outfit doesn't translate well. That skirt is way too wide, the top too pastel. The headband and boots look pretty good though.





Then there's this mass of adorable! This is Singalong Harmony! Glasses? Dark clothes? Awesome shoes? Tambourine?

Sold.





And she is actually that cute! I love the hairstyle with the side braid, the shoes look perfect, and the skirt part of the dress translated well, even if the top is a bit big.

This is my favorite Harmony after Harmony Rocks.








So then what do they do? They go and give Harmony one of the rares. Thankfully, she isn't the ultra rare, but still. I'm going to have to overpay for this one because look at her.





She's got even more Barbie and the Rockers giant round curls than the art even hinted at!

This is Harmonic Harmony, by the way. Totally forgot to mention the name.

I love her. Some people are likely going to bitch about the permatights, but come on, they're not fashion dolls.

 




Kali was not one of my favorites last time, partly due to how many of her I saw and partly due to those horrid socks with sandals.

This time though, she's gotten some fashion tips!





Magnetic Kali looks a lot like Kali Coder with the single poof of curls, but I think she's going to have the braid/twist like Cotton Candy DeeDee to help change things up.

Cute dress and shoes regardless.





Then there's Keyboard Kali, whose are is SO CUTE.

I do wish they wouldn't draw them with adorable curly bangs and then leave them off the doll though.










I think this is my favorite Kali. Cute hair, cute shoes, love the overalls.





Kat has switched from dogs to cats this series.

There's something really fun 80s about this outfit on Kool Kat.









And the doll is just as cute, except for the ugly barrette.





Excellent hair on Kat-Tastic!

I was so excited about her.







Don't get me wrong, the doll is still incredibly cute, but I'm disappointed they didn't try harder to get the hair right.

And again, they kind of ruined the socks and shoes by making them all plastic. I mean, I would have rather had them freakin' painted on. This just looks WEIRD. But she's still so cute.








It's time for my girl Neila!

However cute this art is though, Night Sky Neila is her worst look of the five she's gotten. Not sure how this says "night sky" at all.






The doll herself is gorgeous, but the outfit looks too simple and kind of cheap. And she is too good to be wearing socks and sandals! I'm taking those things right off her.






Thankfully, Firefly Neila makes up for it by being massively cute!

Just look at this art!

Perfection!










The doll mostly comes through, too. The headband is a bit clunky, but the rest is great.









And then there's Noah. Look familiar? She should. Because she's basically Sk8r Noah all over again. She's called On the Go Noah, but nope, it's Sk8r Noah.






Same hair minus the blonde. Maybe a bit darker blue? A skateboard again. Yawn.

Okay, the outfit is really cute though. I tend to be a sucker for suspenders.

Did they not want their lead character to change much or something? I don't get this.







She's got braids again, too, like Noah Knows! Come on!

This art is gorgeous, but she would have rocked the new fishtail style if they wanted to stick with a braid for her.








See? It's Noah Knows.

Cute outfit, sure, but still.

This one's called InstaNoah, by the way.






I don't understand this theme. Pineapple Rayne? Like why? Did Skylar send her a pineapple and she got inspired?

The art is cute though, so sure, I guess.







Yeah, she's pretty cute.

Rayne is definitely not my favorite. I just never get excited over her.










This one's got some potential. Rayne Festival.







And she mostly delivers. Possibly the best Rayne. LOVE the balloon animal.









Design By Sallee!!!! This art. Oh, this art. She is SO CUTE.








There was no way the doll was going to be equally cute, but she did give it a great shot. She's darling.






Sallee's won the art department. Just completely won.

This is Sallee Sketches.







The doll is super cute, too, though again I'll say please don't make dolls in art look so dang adorable with bangs and then not put them on the doll.







Stunning artwork for Global Skylar! She's got a little Paris theme going on. Very cute.









The actual doll a little less so. She is still very cute, but the hair bow looks so goofy sticking off the top of her head like an antenna. Not sure what they were thinking with that.





Gorgeous art again! Touring Skylar.

Can the doll be this cute?








Almost! They almost nailed it.

I think the disappearing widow's peaks are almost as problematic as the disappearing bangs.








Here we are, on our last girl. Willow has traded in unicorns for mermaids this series.

I love this art. It's so sweet.







The doll is almost as cute. I wish more of them had gotten this fishtail braid. It's lovely. This one is aptly called Fishtail Willow.








She's so dorky cute! This is Water Willow.








Really lovely in doll form, too.





Willow gets the ultra rare this time: Sea Willow.

This art is beautiful.






This promo is beautiful. Unfortunately, the doll I saw in one of the Youtube videos was not nearly this pretty.

So there you have it! All 26 looks for Hairdorables Series 2! Which ones do you want?

My faves are: Firefly Neila, Design by Sallee, Sallee Sketches, Harmonic Harmony, Kat-Tastic, Keyboard Kali, Singalong Harmony, and Touring Skylar.

PHOTO CREDITS: Hairdorables.com!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I never did finish off my first wave of Hairdorables. I hit a wall of duplicates and had no one to trade with and just went off them instead. Might have to rectify that.

    The art for this series remains absolutely adorable and tricks me into thinking I want more from this wave than I actually do based on the promo pics. Freestylin' Bella is surprisingly cute, Polka Dot DeeDee (I'm sure I'm just missing her name) is beyond adorable and right at the top of my want list, Rayne Festival, and all the Willows are calling my name, though the Ultra Rare one's outfit is hideous. I wish Harmonic Harmony had the curly bangs that her promo art has because that look is killing me and without them I feel cheated and know I'd mess it up trying to create them on my own. :P

    Brit looks like a completely different person now that she's all pink.

    ReplyDelete