Saturday, January 12, 2019

REVIEW: Hairdorables Series 2

Hairdorables Series 2 were available on Walmart.com for $12.88 a couple days ago and I grabbed 5 before they sold out. They arrived today.

I don't have photos of the box, because the FedEx guy came right as I was getting in the car to go to work, so I opened them in the car. I'll get a boxed shot eventually.

The dolls now come with the same surprises as before PLUS a stand and one of the accessories is color-change.

This is Cotton Candy DeeDee. She has lovely giant curly hair with a little twist going across her head.



She also comes with the purse shown here, which is her color-change accessory. The color-change is only on one side. The other side is white stripes instead of blue.

Keyboard Kali's color-change is her barrette, which gets that yellowish middle.







I think this Kali is adorable. I love the overalls! I was actually excited to open her, which was nice, because Kali was one of the first ones I got overloaded with doubles of the first time around.








There's her little keyboard purse.





This was the first one I opened and I couldn't help but groan. I'm just not a fan of Rayne. This is Pineapple Rayne. I'm not sure how she got into pineapples or what rainbows have to do with pineapples. Maybe Skylar took her on a trip?

Her hair quality is not nearly as good as my other four and the rainbow barrette is really huge. Maybe I'm just not sure how to put it on right.




Here's Rayne in her color-activated pineapple glasses. They turn a little orange in cold, but it's really subtle compared to Global Skylar's.

Sorry for Skylar's askew glasses, but the red was going away fast, so I just jammed them on her and took the photo.






This is what they look like three seconds after I breathed on them. So in cold, they're red, and in warm, they're gold, but really they just sit somewhere in between all the time.







Skylar's the doll I photographed with everything. All five of mine came with these same 2 stickers.

I'm really happy with her. I think both Skylars this series are gorgeous.







Another shot of her hair bow. I'm still disappointed it's not as epic as the art, but it's cuter in person than in the promo photo.






And one more.





Last but BEST is my favorite: Sallee Sketches!

I was so happy when I saw that blue-streaked white hair as I slowly peeled the wrapper back!

I LOVE these buns.







She is SO CUTE. Definitely as cute as the original 3 Sallees.




Her color-change is art appearing on the inside of her sketchbook. This is a cute idea, but the doll has the heart hands, so she looks awkward holding the sketchbook. I gave it to one of my other Sallees.

I do have to give two heads up warnings about these dolls though.

First, I'm one of three people that's opened theirs so far. The second person got the same five I did, plus Night Sky Neila. The third person got Cotton Candy DeeDee, Night Sky Neila and Open Mic Harmony. There are 26 dolls in the series, so what are the odds that three of us get so many of the same dolls?

Yep, I'm afraid we're in for more of the same problem as last time. Series 2 is also going to come in waves and not all 26 dolls are out right now.

Second, the new packaging, or at least the boxes I got from Walmart, is completely sealed in plastic. There will be no more peeking down the back of the box to look for the holographic background or ripping up the bottom or side of the box to see the doll. Not unless you unwrap the plastic first. So if you see unwrapped dolls, be aware that that very likely means they've been peeked in.

I'm looking forward to getting more girls, although I hope I don't get too many doubles.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hrmm. What are the odds I would end up with a sea of that Rayne since she's the one of these five I find the least interesting? Otherwise, S2 seems to be pretty spiffy. Sally's buns are adorable! Also, thank you for the head's up about the likelihood of this coming in waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'm right, as others have also gotten some and I've only seen 1 per character so far. I imagine one of the two rares is out also, but no one's opened one yet.

      Delete