Thursday, January 17, 2019

REVIEW: Hairdorables Pets

I stopped in my Target, which is ever so slooooooooowly resetting. Like there are a couple aisles that are a chaotic jumble of crap level slow. One of the only new things I saw was four of the Hairdorables pets.

Now I have not been impressed with pictures of these, but I knew I'd try them out when I first saw them. I bought all four.

I opened them in the car while we ran errands, so I don't have a boxed pic, but eh, do you really need one? It's the same style as the Hairdorables box. Two accessory compartments on the left, pet compartment on the right.



The first one I opened was Sallee's Picasso. I actually thought I had Skylar's poodle, because the first compartment has the beret, but then the second had the paint-covered yarn and it was a yay.

Picasso is honestly the only one of these four that I like. I'm hoping to trade the other 3 for ones I prefer.

The beret looks silly on him, so I'm leaving it off.



The second pet was actually Skylar's poodle, Journey.

The bag is cute. I love the brush style for these, too.

The dog itself is just okay. Most of my problem with these is that they didn't do a good job on the hair. This poor dog's hair is ridiculous.



Then comes Sahara. This is Rayne's zebra. Rainbow bottle. Rainbow barrette. Bright-colored brush.

Effin' pastel zebra. YAWN.

If she was actual rainbow colors, I might like her.

Buuuuuut she's not. Her head is also weirdly large and chunky for her body. She looks like the old Barbie/Kelly Sweetsville ponies.




And finally, Taffy, DeeDee's rabbit. With two pigtails that come out halfway between her ears and the base of her skull. Like why?

I understand that these are Hairdorables pets, but the fact that they're forcing hair onto these poor animals and not in the right places makes them look really bad. Why not just do a curly rooted tail for the bunny? The poodle would have been fine with just the poof of curls and not the ears.

I'm definitely not buying any more of these blind at full price. $7.99 is WAY too much. I'm hoping to trade though!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments: