Saturday, August 25, 2018

REVIEW: My Little Pony Reproduction Rainbow Ponies Windy, Sunlight and Starshine

YES! More ponies! Windy, Starshine and Sunlight were out at Target (thanks, cool employee), so now I'm just missing Parasol.

Windy is my favorite from this set after Moonstone. It's not necessarily that they're unicorns, but I like their body colors and symbols. The unicorn bit is just a bonus.

So naturally, Windy is the one that's flawed.




This is how her symbol should look. Minus the missing chunk of glitter on that top swirl. It's pretty full. Lots of thick. swirls and a couple dots.



This is how her symbol looks on the side that was facing out in the box. It's barely there and what glitter is there isn't on the right spots. I don't really know how to describe them. Sort of like glue spots? You can tell that's where the glitter is supposed to be, but all of them are off the marks.

I'm glad this is the only problem like this I've seen with this line so far. All my others are fine and thankfully, Windy's other side is almost perfect except for that one spot.





Unicornnnnnnnns.





Yeah, I love these two.

Windy's scent is supposed to be cherry, but she smells exactly like Pez. Not even the pink Pez, but grape Pez. Being that I love grape Pez, I keep sniffing her. She's got my favorite scent, although Moonstone, who smells like SSC's Raspberry Tart, and Skydancer, who's just good-smelling, are close behind.




I'm gonna be honest. Starshine's just not my favorite by a long shot. I think she's the boring one in this set and she might be the most boring of the retro ponies so far. I think I even like Cotton Candy more than her. I think it's the vast expanse of white and the pegasus pose that I don't really care for. But still, retro pony. I want to keep supporting these. (The only one I likely won't buy is the Peachy playset.)




It's like even her accessories know she's boring. They're just copies of Moonstone's. Ha.

Sorry, Starshine. I should be nicer. But they are the same color.

Starshine's vanilla-scented. She also got the worst smell of the lot. I don't care for it.






Pegasi together.





Sunlight! I feel bad for Sunlight because Basic Fun thinks she's the worst in the set or something. There's a 5-pack that just leaves the poor girl out.

And it's actually in stock on Amazon when the singles aren't. Weird. I wanted the singles though, because the individual stickers were a must.





Sunlight is super cute. I like her colors a lot, even though she continues the vintage mystery of why is the sun silver in her symbol while the clouds are gold?





This pose benefits more than the others from the articulated head.






She defnitely has the widest range of workable poses.





Sunlight is supposed to be apple-scented, but I don't get apple from her at all. Just generic sweetness, but not as nice as Skydancer's.

So that does it for ponies until I find Parasol and the 3rd set!

Yay, nostalgia.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment