Saturday, August 25, 2018

REVIEW: My Little Pony Reproduction Rainbow Ponies Skydancer

These Rainbow ponies are not going to be easy to get! Amazon still has no updates on their pre-orders. Pretty sad that a company does pre-orders, then two and a half months later when the items are supposed to be shipped out, they know nothing about when they'll come in stock. I'll never understand how this stuff happens. It's not like the products aren't available.

My Target had only Moonstone out so far. I've been checking back a lot, waiting for more, because Brickseek shows them still in stock. Last night, I finally asked and was able to add Skydancer to my collection.



I can't say I was super excited for her initially, but in person, she's lovely. I wasn't really into the pegasi when I was younger. I preferred the unicorns! But I do love Heart Throb a lot and some of the later pegs. So yeah, basically, the two Rainbow pegasi plus Firefly and Medley from the 3rd retro set don't excite me as much as the unis do, but I know I'm going to love them once I get them in hand.






I will always love the chubbiness of the G1s. They're just fabulous. So much nostalgia! Both from childhood and from when I was super into pony collecting in the late 90s/early 2000s.




I wasn't sure about this whole scented pony idea, because it's not like they were originally, but I cannot complain at all, because Skydancer smells AMAZING. She's supposed to be apricot. I'm not sure she smells like that, but the sweetness is really nice, whatever it is.




Two out of six! The employee said the other 3 they had should be out on the shelves today, since he put in a pull for them. I'm not sure what that means, because I've never worked at Target. (TRU just had one big back room.) But my mom is going to be right across the street at work this morning, so she's going to check on her way home. Maybe I'll have some more to review later. (Yes! Starshine, Windy and Sunlight were there! More reviews later.)

I just wish these were easier to get. They're wonderfully nostalgic for older collectors, but they're also great for kids! Put out more ponies, Basic Fun! Ponies for all!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment