Saturday, August 11, 2018

REVIEW: My Little Pony Reproduction Rainbow Ponies Moonstone

 I have the full set of Rainbow ponies on pre-order from Amazon, but when I spotted Moonstone at Target, I had to have her. It was just her, along with Snuzzle, Butterscotch and Blossom. No other Rainbows. The Peachy playset was there, but I'm not interested in that.

Moonstone was my most wanted of the Rainbow set. I never had any of these in childhood, but I had an attachment to Moonstone from when I was hardcore collecting ponies in the late 90s/early 2000s. I collected all the figural MLP stampers and Moonstone and Moondancer were my two favorites and the only ones I still have.










I'm not sure why the Rainbow set is always the second one to get repro treatment, but here we are again. At least these repros are nice. I never bought any of the first ones.

Basic Fun did make the odd decision to make them scented. I have no idea why, because the originals didn't have any smell, aside from that precious, most nostalgic New Pony Smell.

Moonstone is raspberry-scented. It's pretty nice, but still odd.





Moonstone is a lovely color. I really love her.

Her symbol is the best one of the Rainbows.





Basic Fun made another interesting change: her head turns!

Most G1 ponies did not have turning heads and definitely not ones as old as the Rainbows.

I like this change though. It's fun.





From the front. She has great hair that's got some flip from how it was packaged.



And from the non-display side.

Love that hair and the nicely-curled tail, too.

I didn't take any photos of them aside from what you can see in the boxed pic, but Moonstone comes with an fabulous puffy sticker just like the original G1s and she has both a brush AND a comb. Lots of stuff!

She's quite a bit taller than my first Basic Fun repro set. I'll do size comparison photos once I get all six Rainbows. I cancelled Moonstone from my pre-order, but not the other five!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment