Thursday, May 31, 2018

REVIEW: Boxy Girls Riley and Brooklyn Dolls & Fashion Packs

Got a new product to check out today! Boxy Girls were the other thing I was looking for at the farther Walmart and they came through.

That store had Riley, Nomi and Brooklyn, along with the fashion pack. No Willa. These seem to be one character per case. Like they had 8 Riley, 4 Brooklyn and 4 Nomi.

The dolls are $14.94 and the fashion packs are $9.98 or something like that. I can never remember the exact change amounts of Walmart's prices.





Here's Riley straight out of the box. She's 8" tall. I should have done some size comparisons, but I didn't. No undressed pic either. What can I say? I was pretty excited to get those boxes open and play with redressing.

She has articulated wrists and knees, and she's quite poseable.

Her top and dress are two separate pieces.






And she can totally "Come at me, bro." She ended up in this position when I deboxed her and I just laughed.



The gimmick for Boxy Girls is pretty cute. Each doll comes with four shipping boxes. These girls have as much fun online-ordering as I do clearly!

The boxes are each addressed to the girl, so you can see where she lives. Riley here is from Nashville, TN.

Riley's goodies were a necklace and silver star earrings,  a pair of purple heels, a silver purse, and a hair extension. Each box also contains either two stickers or a sticker and a cardboard note.



The fashion pack contains 6 boxes, one of which is a lot bigger.

Three of these were for Riley, Nomi and Brooklyn. One box each. (Nomi is from Nevada and Brooklyn is not from Brooklyn. Weird. She's from San Francisco.)

Riley got a denim skirt, Brooklyn a cute top and Nomi some lavender sandals.



Willa got the three other boxes. Willa, by the way is from Venice Beach, FL. Being a Floridian now, I must have her.

She got a cute pair of pink sandals in one box, a wild pair of gold earrings, a gold bracelet and a nail polish bottle all together, and a giant pair of pineapple sunglasses.




Here's Riley wearing her stock top, fashion pack skirt, and all the accessories from her stock boxes.

The skirt has nice stitching on it that her top covers up.

All the pieces are really well-made.




And here's Riley in the fashion pack pieces.

This does not seem her style, poor thing.

She holds poses super well and I love the shape of her legs and feet. Her hands are cute, too.

Her hair is decent. Not the best, not the worst.








Sorry, Riley, someone had to wear them and you're the only one here.




See the cute leg pose? I love that.

I like these earrings on her, but not with this outfit.

All the stuff I got is really casual.

It turned out that Mom forgot to grab butter while we were at this Walmart, so off we went to my local one that just yesterday had no Boxy Girls.





Surprise! They had Brooklyn and Riley out, so I grabbed Brooklyn and another fashion pack.

Brooklyn has a super cute dress and I adore her shoes. Two colors of paint on one pair of shoes. That's becoming rarer, I swear.




This is what Brooklyn had in her boxes: a pair of giant hoop earrings and a blue bracelet, a shell purse, a citrus purse, and some silver wedge sneakers.

The sneakers don't really seem very her, but eh, sure.






Here she is with her new bracelet and purse.

I do really love that shell one, too.

This is the first time in a long time where I'm really hoping they make basic dolls with like one shipping box accessory so I can have more to redress.




And here's Riley again, now with the contents of the second fashion pack!

I honestly did not pay attention to the names on the boxes this time, but I know those glasses were Willa's, even though they're way more Riley's style. I remember thinking "Hey, why does she get both big boxes?" The skirt, shoes (same as Riley's from the boxes included with her doll) and kitty compact and lipstick were all Riley's. The compact and lipstick came with another pair of those big hoop earrings like Brooklyn's, too. I forgot to put them back in the pic.

The rainbow purse was Willa's. I'm thinking the purple top had to be Nomi's then.





The people at Jay at Play must really love purple. I don't have much of this stuff, but I already have so many purple bits! There's not even a top I could really match to this fab skirt, but there was no way she wasn't wearing this, so I just put purple with it.

I tried it with the silver sneakers, but that's a no.





So these are their final looks!

Honestly, in Walmart the first time, I looked at Brooklyn and Nomi and went "Nah, I don't need these. They're cute, but I can stick to just one."

And then I opened Riley and had fun posing her and opening all the boxes. Nope, these girls are addicting.

I may go back for Nomi in a few days unless she shows up at one of the closer stores first...

I think Jay at Play really hit it out of the park here. The fashion doll market was ripe for something new and what's really popular right now? Blind box anything. So put a fashion doll with a blind box element out and I think they're going to have a hit on their hands.

The fashion packs differ obviously, so I can already say I'll be buying more! And I'll get Nomi and Willa, too, as soon as I see them. Well done, Jay at Play.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment