Sunday, May 14, 2017

REVIEW: Kuu Kuu Harajuku G

Well, I'm happy to finally be able to do these two more reviews for the current KKH dolls out. Yep, still no sign of Music and Baby, although pictures have been added to their listings.

Thanks to really bad quality control, I had to order two of each of G and Angel to replace the ones I sent back. I hoped to get non-defective ones and I got a G that's actually really great. Angel, however, we'll get to that in her post.

G is my least favorite of the line. Despite being blonde, I hardly ever like the blondes much.


G is very cute though, because all the dolls in this line are.

While the other girls have more uniform-type outfits, G has a little blue and white dress with black plastic bows sewn on worn under a gray blazer.

The blazer is a separate piece from the dress.


The dress is pretty cute on its own, but I wish they'd added some of those thin plastic straps. Not that wide flat ones that don't age well, but the really thin, like fishing line thin, ones. G flashed me several times during these photos and even with the blazer on, she's still flash-happy. It probably doesn't help that the plastic bow sewn there makes that part of the dress heavier.

G actually has REAL FABRIC STOCKINGS.

Yes, that deserves all caps.


I'm really not one to be super picky about painted on stockings or whatnot, but it is nice to see some actual fabric ones for a change.

Her legwarmers are separate from the stockings, but I have had waaaaaaaay too long a day to deal with that kind of struggle.

While my G was gifted with nicely-placed eyes, her glitter eyeshadow did not get so lucky. Thankfully, her hair is swung over her forehead exactly where it helps hide just how much the glitter shadow over the right eye has wandered off course.







G's hair is in cute little buns and she does have tinsel. Just in the front, but it is there. Her black hairbow/band is stapled to her head and I'm leaving it that way. Mattel seems to rely more on stapling things down than making them actually fit right if they're loosened, so I'm not undoing anyone's head stuff unless I have to.

I like the off-kilter part G's got going on.

I don't care for any of her charms (strawberry, music note, microphone, her own head), so I stuck them all on the fake quilted bow for kids.

Love and Music really got the best child-size accessories.

So yeah, G. Cute, but my least fave by far.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment