Friday, May 12, 2017

MONTH IN REVIEW: April 2017

I just realized that it's almost halfway through May and I never did my Month in Review for April.

Then I just went through my April photos and realized this is gonna be pretty short!

I was surprised to see the Wonder Woman movie dolls in Walmart at the beginning of April. I picked this one up and reviewed her here.

When I do these, I try not to talk about the things I've reviewed, because you've seen them all already, but there is very little leftover this month! So bear with me through the repeats.


I finally got around to picking up the $14.99 Shoppies sets I wanted, including Milly Mops, who's tied for my fave with Sara Sushi. I am so ready for the new ones to be out. I want Pia Puzzle very much!

I've seen a lot of upcoming Shoppies stuff with the travelling the world theme and I'm looking forward to that.


The Kuu Kuu Harajuku minis figures made a surprise appearance on Amazon in mid-April. A surprise because no one expected anything so soon and also because these figures were not shown at Toy Fair. I bought the set and love them a lot. 


Not a new thing because she got a review, but I'm super glad I bought the Little Kingdom Pocahontas on Amazon, because no one really knows if she's coming out here or not. Her current asking price is more than double what I paid!

April was a great month for DC Superhero Girls. I finally got the Supergirl of Krypton doll that just is not out around here. I caved and bought her on ebay. And then one randomly appeared in my Target. Just one, which makes me think it was a return, since I don't think three of them would have sold that fast. 






The Amazon exclusive signature Katana doll that was supposed to be out on the 15th surprised everyone by coming out two weeks earlier, and in an even bigger surprise move, Frost became available on Amazon not long after! 

That kind of leaves me in a muddle though, because now I'm not really looking forward to any DCSG stuff until a new doll is announced. The Intergalactic Games Starfire looks neat, but she's not super exciting and neither are the action figures, even though I'll definitely buy her and Hawkgirl. And the mini figures of Poison Ivy, Frost and Starfire, too. But I want to know who the SDCC doll will be and who the next regular releases are!


I stumbled across this guy really overpriced on ebay and tracked down the maker. I bought him for only $24.99 and I now have my own plush baku. His stock name is Bah Koo, but I can't help but think of it spelled the way I'm used to.

My Disney Fairies collecting continued and I picked up a couple old Polly Pocket-type sets with rubber and fabric clothing you pull on a poseable doll. I got Rani and Prilla's sets brand new in box for only a quarter each! And I got the UK-sold chibified Tink and Fawn in fixer-upper condition, too, after years of not thinking they existed. 


By far the best thing though was my Giochi Preziosi flower gown Rosetta. I've wanted this doll for years! I still can't believe I lucked into her for not only a reasonable price but from an American!

I finally located a cheap Twisted Tatum after years of passing up on her and Jaded Jenny. I love my Doom Dolls goth girls plush and the other two aren't nearly as cute, but sometimes I just need a goth plush fix!


Also a bit of a random purchase, but I looked up Gloomy Bear and found the cutest chocolate brown bunny in that style only not gloomy really. 

The bunny has a similar face, but lacks Gloomy's claws and occasional dripping blood. I still have a black brocade Gloomy that's pretty cute, so I'm glad now that I never sold him. 







I didn't do any bear purchasing after Kuma's arrival at the beginning of the month because things with Charlie Bears have been so up in the air. Finally though, we got some answers and Americans should be getting the first 2017 bears the first and/or second week of June. Naturally, I took that as an excuse to get a quick bear fix in and I bought one and have another two coming. But that's info for May's Month in Review! 


My final purchase for April was a tiny Japanese doll made by Takara for their Licca line. I picked out the character named Maki, because I liked her sleepy-looking eyes. She's been out on display on the coffee table with Shinya, my favorite Jenny line doll that I've had for years, up until today, when Shinya returned to her home on the goth shelf and Maki went to the Lum/anime shelf, because my Kuu Kuu Harajuku Love doll took their space.

Hopefully, next Month in Review will be a little more interesting! I'll at least have some bears to show and more from Kuu Kuu Harajuku. How in the world are Baby and music still not out yet? ARGH.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment