Friday, December 22, 2023

Dolly Insider's "Friday Dolly Questions" Part 9

#46: What crafting skill would you like to learn for your dolls?

I guess rerooting would be the most useful, but I honestly do not have time for any sort of customization aside from the occasional necessary haircut. 


#47: What doll line that you haven't seen in a long time would you like to see come back? 

BARBIE GENERATION GIRL. Body diversity and playline articulation that was ahead of its time. Yeah, I know there were only elbow joints and two body types, but do you know how uncommon that was in those years? Plus, the cast was diverse with actual personalities, and the book series was excellent. I've wanted this line back for ages!


#48: If you had $1000 to splurge on doll items, what would you buy?

Boxed vintage pieces. Like Jem, She-Ra, etc. I always meant to upgrade all my childhood She-Ra dolls, but I only ever got a few. 


#49: What type of doll-related content do you enjoy watching on Youtube? 

I watch the animated shows that accompany doll lines and that's it. 


#50: Where do you buy your dolls?

The basic places like Amazon, Target, Walmart, Shop Disney, American Girl. Older stuff from ebay and Mercari. For the occasional Azone, I use Tasina and Fabric Friends. Temu is fun for the cheapie stuff. There's an awesome local toy store that I visit, but I haven't bought a ton there. I mostly sell.


#51: What were your 2023 dolly wins?

I used to do my Year in Review posts, but those were really helped by my Month in Reviews and my Flickr account, both of which I've stopped doing. So I likely won't be doing that again, but I can skim my list of reviews from this past year. 

Some faves from this year were: SH Monique, MH Abbey, Patsy "Just Another Wednesday," Astra Girls Dryade and Celestina, Little Mermaid movie full-size sisters set, Creative Soul Snow White, Cry Babies BFF Shannon, Miraculous Purple Tigress, RH Runway Jade and Poppy, all the Pixlings, Disney ILY Ursula, SH Series 3 (especially Scarlet), EAH smiling Raven, MH Neon Toralei and Twyla, Scary Bebops vampire, MH "School's Out" Draculaura, Nebulous Stars Isadora, and my Rainbow Brite Stormy figure from Five Below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment