Monday, November 13, 2023

REVIEW: Nebulous Stars ISADORA


FINALLY! Woohoo!


I can't remember how many years ago we first saw Isadora at a toy show. I think at least two years. I would check in every few months, trying to see if she existed yet. I also can't remember the first time I noticed that she was available via the official Nebulous Stars site, which only ships to Canada. I hoped to find her elsewhere and even asked for help from any Canadian readers, but nothing ever worked out. 



I recently decided I wanted to finish my collection of Nebulous Stars plush and ended up finding a Canadian store that would ship to the US. I was able to get Stella, Elana, Paloma, and the super adorable Astria. (I'll have to do a post on the plush sometime soon.) I had picked up Louna, Octavia, Lyria, and Blizzia quite a while ago, and grabbed Lumina off ebay maybe a year or so ago. This store's selection left me only needing Aura. I did a Google search specifically for Aura and found another Canadian store...and this one carried the dolls! 


After all this time, I finally have my Isadora! While not my most wanted, I think Isadora would have been my third choice for the next character turned into a doll. Eclipsia is my fave and I think Hazelia would make a gorgeous doll, but I do love Isadora, too. She's a writer, after all. 


Isadora wears a one-piece romper thingy over leggings. One of the ruffles at the top is attached to the romper, but another is a fully separate piece attached to those brighter purple fabric straps. She has a plastic belt over the top and then her arm warmers. Her boots are simple silver flat boots. 


Isadora has gorgeous multi-colored eyes. Her forehead has bright blue makeup on it that comes around the outer edges of her eyes. Little stars in blue, pink and purple scatter around her forehead and cheeks. 

Her necklace is the only thing I don't like. It's open on the side and has already fallen off once. The design is great, but the execution isn't.




Isadora's hair is silky and lovely. It's mostly a blend of purple and blue, but there are yellow streaks on the top layer. 

She's absolutely my new favorite from the line! Stunning!


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.


LINK: 

https://imaginaire.com/

This is where I bought Isadora. They have the four dolls plus the plush. Their prices are very reasonable. The only trouble I had is that the shipping didn't calculate correctly (I thought it was too cheap) and they followed up with an email letting me know the actual cost. I sent them what I owed with Paypal and they shipped the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment