Tuesday, March 7, 2023

REVIEW: American Girl Nicki Hoffman


Ah, the power of AG. I had no plans to get either of the 90s twins, yet here we are. 

After seeing a journal entry where Isabel (the blonde) listed off three random girls as her BFFs and left out Nicki, while Nicki only listed Isabel, I wanted to adopt Nicki. Then after seeing the gorgeous photos people on IG took, I REALLY wanted to adopt her. I've barely seen a bad photo of her. She even looks pretty good in mine and my AG photography is pretty woeful. 

So let's meet Nicki. 



Nicki is the older of the two by six minutes. She's also shorter than Isabel by an inch. The twins are obviously fraternal. Nicki has brown hair. The blonde streaks are dyed. Isabel is blonde. Nicki has dark blue eyes while Isabel's are green. 



Nicki is the shy twin, though she's a skater and loves "girl power." She has a lot of fears and has a hard time making friends, though she manages to make a few new ones during the course of her journal. 

The twins each have a different journal, which is each girl's perspective on the events of the book that's coming out in September that will tell the whole story. You can figure out some of what happened to Isabel from Nicki's journal, but you can also see there's a lot left out. I'm hoping someone sells her journal on ebay so I can buy it and have both. 



Nicki likes a wide array of music, though her fave is No Doubt. She writes song lyrics sometimes. 

She's still working on her style, but she knows she likes purple. 


Unlike smaller scale fashion doll lines, Nicki has a flannel shirt that wraps around her waist AND is a regular shirt as well. 

The sleeves can be buttoned, as her left sleeve is here, or unbuttoned like the right. The sleeves are quite long, so the buttoned look seems better unless you want to roll them up. 

I love the colors of the flannel, but I like seeing the shirt, too, so I'm leaving it around her waist. 




I'm very pleased with Nicki. I do want to get Claudie and Kavi eventually this year, but Nicki skipped ahead in line thanks to her gorgeous owner pics and my weakness for shy characters who aren't as valued by their best friends as they ought to be. (And my wanting more of Claudie's stuff than I can afford at once!) 




One last pic. If you're on the fence about Nicki, get her. She's beautiful. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment