Sunday, May 1, 2022

REVIEW: Shadow High Luna Madison


I've had Luna for a while now but her bangs were so bad, as you can see in the photo, that I kept them held down for days. 

After that I just got busy/lazy/distracted by LOL OMGs. I still have Ash to review but I wanted to at least get Luna done tonight. 


 


Luna has her stand and comb, then her silver not-dress thing, which she wears with socks under gladiator sandals (ugh, why?), two bracelets, smoky earrings, and her gloves (not pictured). Her second outfit is a cuter stretchy black dress worn under a jacket with pretty boring heels. 



So here she is with her flattened bangs. I'm glad this was so easy to fix but annoyed I had to do it. They load other hair with gel so load the damn bangs with it. 

I am very confused by this outfit. It's like a simple bodysuit but then there are those utterly random curved bits on the sides. They remind me of the part on some cars that curves above the tires. Luna is a filmmaker so I'm not sure why they chose such a bizarre outfit for her. 

Here it is paired with the dull shoes from the second outfit. 



So weird. 



This cute little black dress is one of the only one-piece dresses RH got right. 


The gladiators aren't easy to get on without undoing the back closures but I managed to get one of them on without popping any of them open. The other had one come open and I had to take it off, close it, and then try again. This time it went on. In other words, these aren't coming off her.  




I love the fit of the jacket. Had to pop her hands off but nothing went wrong. I'm still afraid of breaking one.


 


Cute. I do love Luna, just not as much as the other girls. 




I didn't do the obligatory Luna and Sunny shot. Other people have covered it. 



One more shot. She really is adorable. 





And my usual final look photo. 


Luna is missing a couple things though. 




"Why would she wear bracelets only to cover them with long sleeves? I show them off much better!" 




Shani is easily one of the most photogenic dolls I own. Heather is still my favorite but if I had to recommend a single Shadow High, I would pick Shani. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

6 comments:

  1. Luna wears an interpretation of a metallic bodysuit and sandals from a designer, I am not 100% sure but I believe it is Alexander McQueen...again, it seems like the designer is a fan of Integrity Toys as "Mothership" Dania Zarr has this outfit and even the gladiator sandals are very much inspired from that doll.
    The only explanation I have for this outfit on Luna is that it is space based? Like an astronaut ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I figured it was based on some designer crap. Most of the pieces probably are, same as IT's are. I'm not sure if the designer is copying them or if they're both just copying real designers. But it's certainly a strange outfit to wear on an everyday basis. I would have used the 2nd outfit as her main outfit and had this weird ass thing as the 2nd one. Who runs around in a shiny bathing suit in school? I never even thought of space as its theme. I definitely do not get space from shiny bathing suit that looks like it should have tires on the hips. Designer fashion is the modern/contemporary art of fashion and I dislike the majority of both.

      Delete
    2. The thing is, neither Alexander McQueen nor the Integrity Toys version of this outfit have that weird ass additions on the hips. It was just a bodysuit made of metal, and it looks awesome. But those random pieces if fabric added to the body proportions if Rainbow High dolls made it look like a metallic trashbag

      Delete
    3. Huh! That's really an odd change for them to add on.

      Delete
  2. You know how you see something and it sticks just enough in your brain to be annoying but not enough to actually make it easy to look up? That's Luna's outfit. So I went looking and it's basically the metal bustier dress from Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2007 which probably got used because Gaga wore it for her Paparazzi single cover and this line does love to be "inspired" by fashion/celebrities. It's got the hip things and everything and why, oh why, is this stuck in my brain at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Wow. The actual thing looks even worse. Still doesn't make sense that a filmmaker is just randomly wearing this thing all day but now at least we've proven the inspo.

      Delete