Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Meet Rainbow High Series 4!

 


I love when the new student profiles come out. I always enjoy reading about the characters. I love how this time they're a combo of personality blurb and some plotline. 

I figured she'd have some hint at liking darker things and she does. I think she and Emi should be friends, but Ainsley is a great mention. It isn't clear how old these girls are, but I have a feeling most if not all are upperclassmen. 



This is the one I'm most disappointed in. I love that she's part of an international exchange but they were seriously one step away from saying the students are interested in her because she's exotic. They didn't say exotic but come on. "Unique nods to her culture?" Those things aren't unique. They're part of her very large, deep culture. Stop trying to make them sound different, RH writers. Major fail. I do love the last sentence, which makes the pain more worth it. Meena and Daphne are perfect friends and poor Daphne is so overlooked. Her quote is also excellent. 



Finally, a creative writer! I think they went a little too out of the way to make her sound country. Canning jams? Handmade guitar? Pressing flowers? Only acoustic guitar? They could have left out the first two easily. I like that she worked with Poppy but I would have liked to have seen Daria in there, too. But overall, I love her. A creative writer who's from the same mountains I live in now? I'm sold. I just hope she doesn't only write music in the show. I want to see more about her other creative writing because she isn't a music focus. (Though maybe she should be a double focus.)



Ugh. I knew this one looked like a rich bitch. I don't like that she "makes a wider path through the halls" than Jett because Jett worked to get where she is. She's not only an heir like this one. She sounds like the De'vious twins and I'm not a fan of them. 



Ugh again but in a good way this time! I love this! I've become kind of obsessed with getting Coco recently. I don't even know why but she massively grew on me and I really want her. I love that she's a behind the scenes type because the school could use more of that. She'd prefer to help others than take the spotlight herself. I love that bit about her greatest quality is making others believe in themselves as much as she believes in them. 



Poor Lila has A LOT of haters. I had a feeling she'd be multi-Asian and she is. I wish they'd also thrown Korean in the mix, but Japanese and Chinese is good, too. People absolutely ransacked her clothes, nitpicking every single detail and complaining that they weren't culturally accurate. Now I'm all for accuracy IF the situation calls for it. Something historical or traditional should be accurate. Does Lila look even a little traditional to anyone? No. Lila created her own style, tweaking inspiration from everywhere and changing it to make it her own. She isn't wearing traditional garments but something of her own design and that's perfectly fine to be inspired by culture but not have to replicate. Fashion isn't about copying things but about creating new things, correct? 

ETA: Had to come back and edit this because I forgot that bit at the end! I love how Lila isn't swayed into playing favorites, though is it in character for Sunny to even try that? Hmm! 

Can't wait to see these ladies in the show soon! A lot of them are mentioned in connection with Rainbow Vision so YAY. Also hoping to see them available to order soon. My Walmart is not fast. If anyone finds them and wants to sell me Coco (or Mila or Delilah), I'd love it. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Screenshots from the official RH site.

No comments:

Post a Comment