Sunday, July 8, 2018

OVERVIEW: Charmin' Farm Friends Part 2

http://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2016/07/overview-charmin-farm-friends.html

I wrote my original overview for Charmin' Farm Friends exactly two years ago: July 8, 2016. Wow. I had no idea, but that's pretty cool.

Anyway, I decided to expand on that post, since I've gotten some new collection additions since.


This is my current collection of Fuzzimals, the poseable flocked figures.

After many years, I finally have added Hillary Jean Nay (the horse) to my collection. She was always my most wanted.

I'm not going to include a bunch of pictures yoinked from Google images because they're not mine, but I thought I'd try to make a little list of the color variants for the Fuzzimals.



PATTY JO SKWEEL (pig):
1) Pink with purple spots, purple ruff, and yellow gem. Hair is purple and yellow.
2) Pink with pink spots, purple ruff, and purple gem. Hair is purple and yellow.
3) Purple with green spots, pink hooves, green ruff, and possibly green gem. Hair is green and either yellow or white. 

ELLIE MAY CHOPPE (lamb):
1) Yellow with blue collar with purple flowers, pink gem, and pink and purple hair.
2) Pink body. I can't remember any other details and there are no photos of her, but I used to have a pink Ellie May. I traded or sold her probably close to 20 years ago.

ANNABELLE MOO (cow):
1) Green with pink spots and hooves, purple bow with 2 purple gems, and pink and purple hair.
2) Dark pink with lighter purple spots and hooves, yellow bow with 2 yellow gems, and green and purple hair.
3) White with either blue or purple spots and hooves, blue bow with 2 presumably blue gems, and blue and maybe purple hair. This description is based on a horrible, tiny photo. I should have bought this one on ebay, but while I was debating, someone beat me to it. I had no idea there were white Fuzzimals at this point and thought that despite being packaged, she was terribly sun-faded.

HILLARY JEAN NAY (horse):
1) Purple with pink spots, purple hooves, purple bandana with yellow gem, neon green mane, and dark purple tail.
2) Dark pink with turquoise spots, pink hooves, purple bandana with blue gem, purple mane, and turquoise tail.
3) White with blue spots, lighter blue hooves, lighter blue bandana with pink gem, blue mane, and yellow tail.

Let's move on to the Barnimals, which are the little figures with a sprig of hair.

These also come in a bajillion variants. They were sold individually, in sets of three, and in sets of four. Let's just make it as confusing as possible, Meritus! Yeesh! At least most of the time the only difference between the figures is the base color. As you can see in the pic on the right, the two genie lambs are the same, except one is pink and the other purple. Same with the cows. One is purple, one white, no other paint or hair color differences.

I think the best way to do this is list the sets that I know of, then split them up by character like I did with the Fuzzimals.

Set of 3 #1: This set I own. It's the purple lamb dressed as a genie (green hair), the pink majorette pig (blue hair), and the white tap-dancing cow (neon yellow hair). 

Set of 3 #2: White cheerleader cow in pink top and blue skirt (pink hair), purple lamb in blue dress with basket (lavender hair), and pink ice-skating pig (dark purple hair).

Set of 4 #1: Green horse in a bathing suit (maybe yellow hair), pink ice-skating pig (dark purple hair), purple cheerleader cow in white top and blue skirt (dark pink hair), and pink lamb in blue dress with basket (lavender hair).

Sold individually: Pink majorette pig, purple tap-dancing cow, green horse in fancy pink gown (lavender hair).

PATTY JO SKWEEL:
1) Majorette: pink
2) Ice skater: pink

ELLIE MAY CHOPPE:
1) Blue dress with basket: Pink, purple
2) Genie: Pink, purple

ANNABELLE MOO:
1) Tap dancer: Purple, white
2) Cheerleader: Purple, white. The white cheerleader cow is the only color change on an outfit that I've seen. It makes sense though, because a white cow can't wear a white top.

HILLARY JEAN NAY:
1) Bathing suit: Green
2) Pink gown: Green

These are the only ones I've seen of these so far. I assume the pig is always pink, and wonder if the lambs are all pink or purple and the cows all white or purple. The horse seems to be the least often included and has only been seen in green so far.

My collection has obviously grown in 2 years and more variations have popped up, so who knows where we'll be in another 2 years? Maybe I'll add a third part to this overview then!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cow! Whenever these figures are standing on their hind legs, they remind me of Mattel's Gorgeous Creatures dolls.

    ReplyDelete