Friday, September 1, 2017

REVIEW: Gorjuss Toadstools doll

I received my newest Gorjuss doll today! I bought Toadstools from Amazon UK, because the Santoro shop was sold out of her. I actually got a way better price, so I plan on getting as many as I can from there, but the sellers don't always ship to the US.

Toadstools isn't one that caught my eye when I very first looked at these many months ago. I was torn between Little Violet, Ladybird and Ruby then. But she quickly launched herself into a contender spot this time around.


I actually had in mind to get Ladybird next after Little Violet and Bluebird, but when I saw that Toadstools was sold out on Santoro, I knew I needed to track her down before she became impossible to find. The Amazon transaction was easy and she arrived in about ten days, not counting the day I placed the order.

Toadstools is one of the more detailed dolls, like Little Violet. Look at how many pieces her outfit is!






The short-sleeved navy coat goes over a purple dress. She has four striped items: stockings, armwarmers, a hat and her bag with its hedgehog and toadstool decor. Then she's got her bright blue boots. She's the only Gorjuss doll to wear boots. The other seven all wear mary janes.

Once again, every single piece is high quality.






Here she is in the purple dress. It's got nice detailing for something hidden under a coat! I think it's actually prettier than Bluebird's dress. That poor doll has the plainest outfit.

Toadstools' coat is spectacular. Every tiny purple button is a different shape: heart, star, square and triangle. I love the armwarmers with their thumbholes, too. I didn't do that myself. She was designed that way.











I had thought some of the dolls looked to have dark brown hair instead of black and I was right. Toadstools has dark brown hair in comparison with Violet's black.







I'm so thrilled to have all three of these girls standing on my coffee table right now! The only problem is now I want even more! I had planned on ordering American Girl Nanea next payday, but now I'm considering getting Ladybird instead. I'm not sure what to do! Well, I guess I'll still get Nanea, since my rewards coupon expires on my birthday at the end of the month, but that's how much I want Ladybird right now!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment