Saturday, September 2, 2017

REVIEW: Descendants 2 28" Mal doll

It's hard to contemplate the size of a 28" doll without having her in front of you. Mal is HUGE.

Just Play produced this small series of giant dolls as Walmart exclusives. They run a little less than $40 apiece, which is a very fair price, considering that's only double what the regular signature dolls are.

I ordered Mal from the Walmart website, only to have them never ship her. So I cancelled the order and tried the ship to store option. I thought the same thing was going to happen, but on the day she was supposed to be available for pick up, she shipped to the store!


She arrived yesterday, only one day after for the original pick up time. I couldn't get her until today though. You guys should see the ginormous box she was shipped in. Like yeesh!

It's hard to photograph something so big and properly show just how big she is. She's standing in front of my closet door there, but I think the last picture I'll put in this review will help with scale the most.










Mal looks exactly like what she is: a giant signature Mal. Her hair quality is excellent, which I didn't expect, considering the sheer mass of hair they used. The bangs stick out a bit with gel, but I'm not going to fuss with them.





Her bag is nicely detailed and opens, so it can hold a lot of stuff. I would have loved it if she came with her spell book instead of the boring stickers I just threw out. Or a can or two of spray paint!

Her clothing quality is excellent. The pants are a soft material and go on and come off easily. They're fastened by velcro, so no elastic involved. The jacket is great, too. Her hands do pop off at the wrists so it cam be removed easily. I got the left sleeve off just fine without removing her hands, but the right stuck on her glove, so it's a good extra feature for the doll to have. The jacket went back on without me having to remove the hands.


Naked 28" doll looks pretty much just like the smaller ones. The main difference is the big ones don't have knee joints. I'm guessing this helps their stability. Mal's pretty top heavy with that huge head and all that hair! I got her to stand with no tipping issues though.

So where do you put a doll that clocks in at over two feet tall when you have a sprawling collection like mine?


She ended up on my desk! And now you can get a real idea of her sheer size. She just fits under the lower shelf above. Like just barely.

I'm glad though, because now I can order Evie and not worry about where to put her. There's plenty of room in the other desk corner! I could probably even fit Uma on there, too. We shall see! I have other plans for my money this month, but eventually, at least Evie will join Mal on the desk.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment