Sunday, February 19, 2023

NEWS: Monster High Monster Ball

Tomorrow, I should be doing reviews for Kim (her hair is drying) and Aidan, as well as the CreativeSoul Snow White doll (STUNNING). 

Being that I'm tired from a busy weekend, I figured tonight I'd just tackle some MH thoughts on the new Monster Ball line. Promo pics are in the usual place. 

DRACULAURA: I don't hate the bouffant thing she has going on, but I'm not sure how much of that the actual doll will get, considering you really can't see it in the boxed pics. Honestly, I only like the jewelry from this doll. The dress is nothing special, I hate the enormous bow, and I hate the pink shoes blending right into the stockings in practically the same shade. I hate that she's got a big bouquet of flowers like she's won some sort of homecoming queen title or something. Why is it always Laura? I'm so sick of that. 

CLAWDEEN: She's bringing the tux back from G1 and it is fabulous. I love it all, but the tiny bowtie is my favorite thing. Great shoes. I actually don't hate the topknot when it has a spiked gold collar around it, I guess. Excellent makeup, especially the lips. Adorable purse. I think she's easily the best one from this line. 

LAGOONA: I love everything about her except for one rather big thing: the ugly dress. Excellent hair. Amazing makeup. Adore the lipstick even more than Clawdeen's. The tentacle choker is beyond awesome and the Cthulhu mask is the funniest. But I absolutely 100% abhor that dress! It has no waist! The shoulder ruffle is way too big and it ruins her whole silhouette. They needed to go look at Jem fashions to learn how to go 80s and still look good. I'll be buying her and putting her in something from the Skulltimate sets. Maybe she'll eventually get that jellyfish dress from the other future Lagoona. 

CLEO: I'm SO disappointed. I don't know whose decision it was to change her, but they did not make a wise choice at all. Why did they give her purple eyeshadow and pink lipstick when she is not wearing a speck of either color? It's disgusting. I despise when they break the Egyptian palette, but it usually at least matches part of an outfit. This is just hideous. I love everything else about her. The purse, the shoes, the headdress especially. Gorgeous. I'll be buying this doll to give this outfit to a different Cleo. Either the Goreganizer one or Ghoul Spirit. 

Definitely not G3's best line. Draculaura is nothing new. Lagoona is wearing one of the worst outfits they've done yet. Cleo's makeup clashes so badly with both her aesthetic and her outfit that it ruins her. Only Clawdeen is excellent. Not good odds. Do better, Mattel.

1 comment:

  1. Clawdeen is definitely the runaway hit here. Lagoona's make-up is brilliant but that dress... it literally looks like it's too big for her. I don't have as much of an issue with Cleo, but then again, I have the color coordination of a cauliflower. Draculaura is just boring. Then again, again, I've always found Draculaura the least interesting character of the main group. I always get the feeling they don't experiment with her because they know she's the most popular and that's really a pity.

    ReplyDelete