Wednesday, August 18, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Jett Dawson


My Jett from Amazon finally arrived! I had one from Target that my mom grabbed on a whim, but she had some makeup flaws, so she went back to the store. I decided to wait for my pre-order to see if I'd get a numbered one, but despite ordering on the first day and being charged on the 12th, mine didn't ship until Monday. I knew there was no way I was getting a numbered one, but I wouldn't have kept her anyway. Leave them for the people who like that sort of thing. I want a doll to open. 






I'll run through the accessories first, then get to her. 

So we've got the usual stand and comb. The one hanger is like the earlier lines, but the other (that you can barely see) is a new style. 





The sewing machine "works" and the wheels on the mannequin roll. Nice details. I love the boxes and the measuring tape. Very cute.






No one will ever wear these shoes because those ribbons represent patience I do not have. I'm leaving them as is.




Out of the box! She's gorgeous, but to be completely honest, I'm not as into her as I was because Series 3 has wowed me that much. Of the ones I have, Karma is still my fave and Jade, Sunny and Stella are above Jett, too, so she's #5. But that won't last long. Series 3 is really just that stunning. 





She's still plenty beautiful though. Don't get me wrong. 




And her outfit is totally amazing. I love the sketch style.


So she has a new body style. There's now a torso joint, as well as ankle joints. Nice. Though the ankle ones make me a little nervous considering how difficult RH shoes are to get on and off sometimes. 

A bit of staining from her black top.


Gah, I was already getting annoyed with her bun here. I hate when there are loose hairs coming out. It was already like that in the box, but I also hate when they have to tack the damn doll's head down and she's got a hairstyle like this that's very easily disturbed by having to move the head to cut those tabs. 



I've heard some people couldn't get her dress on. I had zero problems. 

One of my issues with RH is that they put so much detail into everything that they sometimes slack on basic stuff. Like her tiny gloves have embroidery on them, yet they failed at cutting the dress bodice well. Not the first time I've had a poorly-cut RH top, likely also not the last. 




Back of the dress. 


Really disagree with such thin straps on this thing, too. 



And sometimes they hide the best details. This is gorgeous. 



Ruby's shoes are perfection with this. 




I do adore this dress. Best RH fashion piece. I wish the construction was a little better, but it is still stunning. 


And yes, it also fits on the mannequin.

Oh, that's better. Her hair looks more even now. 

All in all, I really love this girl. She has the best clothing pieces in the line so far. Love the sketchy look of the main outfit, as I've mentioned, and the dress is perfection in design. Love the little gloves and everything was surprisingly easy to take off and put on. 

I'm curious to see if the Series 3 girls have this new body style (I haven't been paying attention to the leaks enough to recall.) Will it become the norm or be reserved for special dolls like Jett? 

I don't think she's really worth the $60 price tag, but I think RH are getting to be on the overpriced side in general. She's on par with the line and will I keep paying it? Sigh. Of course. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

6 comments:

  1. She looks much better without the bun. What is your favorite from series 3? Orchid right? My number one is Sheryl, I love everything about her except that awful printed skirt from her second look. They could give her a plain yellow pleated skirt if it was meant to be covered by the over sized white shirt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orchid, yes, especially now that we know her name is Emi, which makes her at least part Japanese. Daria and Georgia are right up there, too, though, and Daphne and Sheryl are both lovely. Gabriella is the one I care about least, but after seeing her in the show, I need her.

      Delete
    2. For me it is Sheryl, then Georgia and Emi. Gabriella got points for her personality, Daphne should have crimped hair like they did with Cheer Ruby and last for me is Daria, the doll is cute but her fashion is a mess for me, but overall a great series

      Delete
    3. Heh, I'm the opposite. I think Daria is the best dressed by far. I can't wait to put her in the pinstriped outfit with those adorable boots. It's a little corp goth and I've always loved pinstripes. And I think Emi will look great in the black dress, since her own clothes are a mess for me. I hate that hoodie and plan to turn it into hooded sleeves and her other two tops are equally bad. Love the skirts though and the giant boots. but with a little help from Daria, she should look great.

      Delete
  2. Oh Daria's second look is nice. And maybe you are right the black dress could look better on it's own, the "Magic" print is so busy, and with the white t-shirt and the two colored jacket was too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tend to break down the RH looks into simpler things. The white tee has got to go and I wonder how the dress will look if I put Emi's black skirt over it and make it into a "top" instead. I can't wait to experiment! Daphne needs some help, too. Heh heh.

      Delete