Tuesday, August 17, 2021

IN STOCK ALERT: Glo-Up Girls

So after an initial screw-up, Far Out Toys has managed to get Target to release four of its Glo-Up Girls. Apparently, these were supposed to go up on Friday, but they never did. The company claimed they sold out, which collectors didn't believe, because most of us are well aware that Target listings say "sold out" when they've actually never been in stock. Not the smartest move on their part, because some collectors considered it a desperate attempt to make their dolls look popular. The company said Target would get more on Monday, but it was today that they popped up. And they're all still in stock, so yeah, there's no way they sold out before. Sorry, Far Out Toys. 

Anyway, Glo-Up Girls have been a long time coming. They initially had wigs, which were horrible. We've seen a couple different looks for them before finally landing on the final version. So I suppose they're right on theme with their name. 

There are 6 different dolls, but only 4 are out now. (Sad because Alex is one of the two I wanted most. Rose is also left out.)


SADIE:

https://www.target.com/p/glo-up-girls-sadie-fashion-doll/-/A-82734863

So we've got Sadie the pastel unicorn princess.


ERIN:

https://www.target.com/p/glo-up-girls-erin-fashion-doll/-/A-82734865

Erin, who's my favorite. 


TIFFANY:

https://www.target.com/p/glo-up-girls-tiffany-fashion-doll/-/A-82734864

Tiffany, who apparently is into Mom jeans and scrubs. I bought her anyway. Her hair color intrigues me. Is it just blond and weirdly-lit or some sort of pinkish blonde? Can't tell. Will find out. If I don't like it in person, I'll just return her.


KENZIE:

https://www.target.com/p/glo-up-girls-kenzie-fashion-doll/-/A-82734866

And Kenzie, who is a gorgeous doll with very unfortunate fashion choices. I hate the faux boots. Her entire look combines into something that I won't say here. It's not good though. She's the only one I didn't order, though if I find they fit other clothes, I'll likely get her and redress her. 


These run $19.99 each and I'm curious to see how all the gimmicks work. It's like they removed the funny goofy aspect of FailFix and just made the glo-up into a lateral move...which isn't really a glo-up. The dolls are far less pretty than FailFix with none of their diversity. They all seem to have the same body and headsculpt. I'm willing to give them a chance though. Target says they'll be here on the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment