Thursday, August 5, 2021

MONTH IN REVIEW: July 2021


I swear, I should just call these Bear Month in Review, because that's most of what you see. I tend to review all my doll purchases. 

Anyway! Let's get started.

This guy is Akhuti, one of the four animal print standing bears released several years ago. I got Shardul within this last year sometime and now Akhuti, so we're halfway there. 





This little darling is Sympathy Clown. I backed a Kickstarter solely for this plush, even though it was one of the stretch goals. Sympathy Clown provides an ear for all your problems. He's adorable. Tinier than I expected, but adorable. 



Lettice is a CB bunny from the 2020 collection. She's bigger than I expected! I've always liked the medieval name Lettice (related to Leticia). I don't often go for the CB bunnies. There are loads, but Lettice is my...seventh, I think? And two of those are super tiny. 




Peppermint arrived along with Lettice. She was a late addition to my preorders, so I had to wait quite some time to choose. This lady with her spiky black eye stripes was left and I had to go for her. Peppermint, like Lettice, is bigger than I imagined. 



Oskar is a very small standing bear. While I was waiting to choose Lettice and Peppermint, I noticed him sitting there in the main photo album. No one had preordered the poor guy. I saw this one and thought he was particularly cute. Being a sucker for green bears, I added him to my order. 




This guy is the Amore Cat from Jellycat. 



There. You can see his face a little better. 

He's far less stuffed than I expected, which I don't really like. I wanted a plush, not an oversized beanbag. I may sell him at some point. 



WILF WOLF. That's just fun to say. How did MH never name one of the Wolf siblings that? 

Wilf is part of the little Jellycat series with Bo Bigfoot, Yani Yeti and Gus Griffin. I think he's the softest of the four, though Bo is a close second. LOVE him so much!



I ended up importing Dean after seeing owner pics because I fell in love. I preferred his fraternal twin Jenny because she's orange, but I had to have Dean, too. Jenny should be with my stockist soon so I can get her home, too. She didn't come out until later than Dean. 

Gah, that face. 



Elijah was one of my bearrors. I wasn't super into him when I first saw him and he sold out in the US really fast, so I never got the chance to ponder and then order. Then the past year or so, every time someone posted pics, I wanted him. I'm lucky I found one on ebay! He's a big guy and he's gorgeous. 


 


Little Carlo was an impulse buy from Facebook because his price was so reasonable. I always liked him, but never bought one. He's darker than this in person so he looks less starey in real life. 



In the mood for older bears, I was perusing a stockist's site and asked about a few of hers. Sergio is the one I ended up choosing. I used to own him but we didn't bond and he was sold years ago, so I'm giving this one a second try. I love this bear artist and he's so similar to others I love that it only makes sense that I love him, too. 



Linton has been trying to organize my hug into business meetings since he got here and hasn't succeeded yet. 


Seriously, that tie. Priceless.



Finally, the US is starting to catch up on arrivals from this year's collection! (Which will be very evident in August's Month in Review. I just picked out 4 of my preorders last night.) 

Tasmania is from the Bearhouse collection, where the interesting animals tend to make their debuts. He's so cute. 


And finally, SID. I've wanted one of this artist's bears for years. She only did four (I think?) for Charlie Bears in their early years and Sid was the one I wanted most. (I'm determined to find Paul and Wallace as soon as I can now.) 

Sid is a chunkier bear, even though he's small. I think he's 13". But possibly wider than he is tall! I love him. He's definitely an old soul. 

That's a wrap for July. I've got some reviews coming up next week if deliveries come properly. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I love your monthly reviews. I am not into teddy bears, so your post is the only window into the plush world I have.

    To be honest, I read your blog because you are my age and have almost the exact same taste in dolls that I have, especially the coloring, so it's fun for me to see what you post!

    However, I'm posting to ask if you have seen the random images of the new Hairmazing "kaleidoscope" line? I hope SO much there will be an Emily and/or a Sallee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone likes them! I mostly do them for me and this blog is definitely doll-centric, but the bears are where most of my money goes. I just don't do reviews for them.

      The only Kaleidoscope I've seen so far is Noah. I honestly don't want to get excited about them or anything, because I know I'll be so mad if they teased Emily and then end up doing to same handful of girls they've done twice already. I was really looking forward to Emily, Brit, Sallee and Rayne in the regular series.

      Delete