Monday, August 30, 2021

LAZY REVIEW: Crystalina


I grabbed two of the new Crystalina dolls in my last Target order. These run $12.99 each. 

Obviously, they're super gimmicky, but I think they look neat just as dolls, too. 




Turquoise.




Aventurine.


So this is it for pics. These are dolls that will be best reviewed in video, because their entire point is light effects. They flash 10 different patterns, some unique to each character. If you shake them up, they flash a special pattern that's just theirs. If you put them by each other, they flash a pattern shared only by those particular two characters. 

Each doll comes with a really neat-looking crescent moon-shaped stand, but sadly, they're not very stable. The moon part falls off the base and there's a clip meant to hold the crystal necklace, but it makes the stand too heavy unless the doll is on it. 

Each one also has a tiny hairclip that the doll or owner can wear. I have Turquoise's in, but not Aventurine's. 

Turquoise's hair was really messy out of the box. I carefully pulled a lot of her curls apart to make them fluff out more, but she's rooted pretty thinly. Shame because she's the best of the four. Though Aventurine is lovely, too. I always love a bright green. 

They're a cute idea and I think the target market will have fun with them. I bought them because they're pretty and their faces remind me of Sugar Planet a bit. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment