Monday, April 19, 2021

NEWS: Enchantimals

Okay, so we've got some new Amazon listings for Enchantimals. 

I'm very annoyed with how they're handling this line. We never got the full savanna line and now we've got two brand new sets from the royal line...but nothing else. It makes zero sense. Just get everything in, dammit. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TM499DH/

So first up, we've got this boring set. I'm not sure why Enchantimals decided "royal" meant some mythical animals and then more of ones we've already had. Bears? No. This is boring. I actually like the color combo on the girl bear, but not what they did with it at all, and the boy just looks ridiculous. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VZR6FN4

And then we've got a $40 5-pack. You can see the characters if you watch the video. There are two newbies: Alessandro Lion and Ambrose Unicorn. I'm not sure who told them that Ambrose was a female name...but no. Why not Ambrosia? Silly Mattel. Then we've got 3 characters from the very first Enchantimals line: Patter Peacock, Bree Bunny and Danessa Deer. While the dolls do look fairly nice, we don't need yet another iteration of these characters! They each have multiples. Ugh. The lion boy actually makes sense for a royal line and I did wonder why they weren't doing a unicorn. Turns out they did. And she is so stunning that I'm dropping the $40 just to get her. But I'm not happy about it.

There you have it. These drop June 1st. We'll see if they actually come out or not. I will cross my fingers that they release more of the line to the US, but honestly, I will likely have already ordered all I want. My dragon set arrived today and I'll be reviewing that later and the phoenix is on the way, so I'll likely be ordering the mermaid (and elephant savanna set) soon. 

5 comments:

  1. What are tour opinions on the new Rainbow High leaks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do a real post once we get official promo photos where I can see them better. I didn't think I'd want any of the winter line. I'm not much into winter themes. But I love Jade and I have to have her. I'll likely also get Violet. Skyler is a maybe.

      The Series 3 girls are harder to say. I'll probably get all 6, but I'm disappointed they all have long hair that's mostly either straight or barely wavy and the only textured one is crimped, which we've seen before in the line. Their art looks all have short skirts, too, which they can do better than. I am impressed in the footwear though. The line relies too much on sandals. My favorite is Orchid, which shouldn't be a surprise. Then Rose (once I take that ridiculous tiny ponytail down) and Ice. I'm disappointed Marigold/Sheryl looks nothing like Sheryl in the show. Everyone wanted the Clueless girl, so why change her so much? I understand making her outfit unique instead of a Bella recolor (even though that would have been hilarious), but I don't like the changes to the doll herself. If you named her Sheryl as a joke, stick with the Cher-like design.

      I'm looking forward to seeing the S3 dolls in promo shots so I can make better judgments. I'm also dying to see Jett.

      Delete
  2. I love the males. I do like that they added the couple a couple core characters that were missing from the snowy valley line. Pre-ordered! I'm not going to wait on these any more. I waited and missed in zadie zebra when she was regular price. Hopefully I can find her at a decent price one day.

    And yesssss, grrr...what is wrong with the distribution? It's so friggin random! There's still a lot of people that do collect and love these or else this line would have died a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a famous nursery rhyme about the lion and the unicorn fighting for the crown. So it's kind of fitting to have these characters in the Royal line.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete