Thursday, April 15, 2021

REVIEW: Madame Alexander Kindness Club Emmi

 
Kindness Club is Madame Alexander's foray into the 14" size, although I actually think they're a bit bigger. Or maybe Hearts For Hearts are smaller? Emmi is definitely taller than my HFHG. I've got a pic down farther in this review to show it. I think Kindness Club is more like 15" though. I could just get a ruler and figure it out, but I'm lazy. And it doesn't really matter that much. Heh. 

So the Kindness Club is 7 different, semi-diverse dolls. They're all for sale on Amazon, though they each have a different price. 

The dolls are interesting in that they're a bit repetitive. For the $40 range price point, I'd expect more uniqueness, but no. Emmi here has the same outfit as Paisley, a white doll with light brown hair and brown eyes. Both have a blue streak in their hair, too. Zola, the black character with afro puffs, shares an outfit with Avi, who's white with medium brown hair and violet eyes. Both have a purple streak in their hair. Then Rosa, the Hispanic character, shares an outfit with blonde, violet-eyed Harper. Both girls have pink-streaked hair in pigtails. The only standout is Brooks, who's white with honey-blonde hair with a pink streak and blue eyes. She has the only unique outfit. Actually, it's possible Harper and Avi also have blue eyes. It looks violet in the picture, but then it also looks similar to Brooks' yet hers are a little more obviously blue. They're probably all blue. I can't really see MA doing violet eyes. Of the other girls, Rosa is the only one that tempts me to get her. Maybe someday. 



Emmi has a really cute face and lovely hair. 



Her outfit has good quality, but I find it pretty dull. 



I might try her in some other clothes sometime. Maybe she'll fit HFHG stuff, but I'm not sure if I have any decent spare outfits in my stash. She might fit Wellie Wishers stuff, but I don't have any of those anymore to compare. Oh, I should try Glitter Girls! At least they have nice outfits sold separately at good prices.



Here she is with Tipi. I should have thought to put her with a Glitter Girl, too. I've actually had poor Emmi deboxed and everything except this picture taken for weeks now, but I've neglected her. I have a small backlog of reviews I really need to get to, but my life is kinda crazy. Maybe I'll go try some GG clothes on her now and see if they fit. Then I can shop for an outfit for her. Poor forgotten doll. Sorry, Emmi. She really is cute! None of this does her any justice.


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment