Tuesday, April 13, 2021

REVIEW: Basic Fun Classic Pound Puppies

I should do an overview on my Pound Puppies collection. Maybe that'll be a project for soon. 

Basic Fun not only does repro My Little Ponies, they also dipped their toes in the Pound Puppies pond. 

I considered some of the first group released, but never ended up getting one. My Target only ever got the newborns in and the ones in the regular-sized set weren't tempting enough designs to get me to buy one from Amazon. (They're all still on there if you go searching. It's this newer set that seems harder to find, as they're not on there yet.)

So considering the newborns-only from the first group, I was surprised to see big ones there tonight. I grabbed this guy. I'm a sucker for the dark brown, as you'll see farther down the post. The regular-sized pups run $17.99.


 


The box is adorable, but not the easiest to open. There should be a simple way to unfold it and keep it nice in case kids want to play with it, but he was also only attached by a plastic tab through his tail, so maybe that's why the box is more secure. 



And he's free. 

Very soft!



I HAAAAAAAAAAATE this though. They've got the ugly plastic bone nametag permanently on the collar. There's no way to take the ribbon collar off. No way to get the tag off easily. It's a chunk of hard plastic that ruins the puppy's cuddliness. 

So I hacked away at it with scissors until I cut through the plastic loop around the collar. It didn't take nearly as long as I expected it to and now he has a simple ribbon collar. 



He comes with a certificate and a sheet of stickers. 


(Behold my pajama pants.)





This is the new set of big puppies. 

I kinda want the red with the really long ears. My store had the gray one and...I think a white? I honestly didn't register in my excitement to get the dark brown. 







Newborns. 

So here are my dark brown guys!

The one on the left is my vintage puppy from childhood. His name is Rover. Yes, I was so original. I was also like 6 or 7. 

The middle one I bought on etsy several years ago when I was still living in FL. I'm not sure what year he's from. 

And the right is the newbie. 

They get less firmly-stuffed as time passes. My original is the heaviest and the new one is quite light. They're all very cuddly though. Nice and floppy and cute. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment