Tuesday, April 6, 2021

MONTH IN REVIEW: March 2021


So this March Month in Review is all bears. I did a ton of doll reviews, but I don't post pics of reviewed items in these monthly posts, so there are no dolls. 


Clinton and Bambino came out on CB Direct and QVC a lot of months before stockists finally got them. I caved on Bambino and got him ages ago, but I decided to wait on Clinton, because I wasn't fully in love with him and thought choosing a face might be the key. And it was because I adore him. Definitely one of my surprises faves from the 2020 collection. 





Super soft, lush, pink Crin came along with Clinton. 

If you want a totally luxe bear and don't mind the higher price, go for her. She's the companion bear to Roger and they're both tyber, but I swear she's even softer than he is.




I had the green version of this style, called Whatchamacallit, and didn't bond with him at all. He got rehomed a few weeks ago. So I honestly didn't plan on getting Thingy, but then I saw her and decided to try her out. Red, black and white is my favorite color combo, after all! And she's happily joined one of my red-themed shelves now. She's staying. 





Shardul is one of a set of four standing bears that are all animal prints. I love all of them and all their names, but Shardul was my favorite. They're not too hard to come by, so it took me years to get around to buying him, but I found him from a fellow US collector that ended up having 3 bears I wanted. 

Now I need to track down the other three from this set!




Shane is another from the same seller. He's been hovering around the edges of my wantlist for a year or so. I was really picky about bigger bears for my first couple years of collecting because I had way less space in Florida, but now I can get some of the bigger guys I passed up on back then. 




Tiny grumpy Alanna is the third from the same seller. I liked her before, but never thought I'd get her, but I couldn't resist this one. 





Cubby Hole is my first 2021 collection purchase! My stockist only got three in so I went to one of the two local places and thankfully had three to choose from. 

I wasn't into this guy's promo pic, but the final version is really cute and definitely gorgeous. 

Oh, poor Alison. We have had no bonding time so far, because she's spent all her time being cleaned. She still is separated from my other bears until I'm sure the smell is gone. 

I saw someone on FB selling bears for incredible prices, so I jumped on getting Alison. The lady was very nice, but clearly has no idea what's going on in her home. Or someone else's home if the bears weren't hers. Alison smelled like the home she lived in never changed about a dozen cat litter boxes. My mom IDed the smell immediately and I knew she was right, because we'd just taken care of 3 cats next door and that's exactly what their apartment smelled like. Alison is an absolutely adorable, sad-faced bear with unusual fur that feels more rough and coarse like a mohair might. While I don't recommend putting your bears through the washer, sometimes it is necessary and this sure was. So she's been through the wash and then sat in the laundry room covered in a couple nice-smelling dryer sheets. More recently, I moved her into an open space (away from other toys) in my toy room and I'll monitor her scent. I won't put her with my other bears until I'm sure the smell is gone. If I have to wash her again, I will. But we'll get there, Alison. We'll get you clean. 



Huey was a random purchase. One of the FB group members posted a list of a stockist's older bears and the poor stockist was then inundated with a bunch of us asking for pictures. I asked about 5 of them and Huey was the only one in stock. (The list that was posted was sadly old.) But Huey is adorable. He's actually a very pale blue, but photographs more white. I've got him sitting with Tatum, who's similar in that her blue doesn't photograph well. He's tiny, but soft and cuddly. 


Nimbus. Oh, man, do I love him. I think of Nimbus in a set with Mercury (I have him) and Bobsleigh (probably won't get him). I threw in a bid on Nimbus not at all thinking of winning, but I was at work when the auction ended and I ducked into the back to watch the last few minutes. I tossed in another couple bids and I still can't believe I won for less than $100! I mean, that's less than retail even and I know this is a popular bear. He's super soft like Mercury and I rearranged things so they can sit together. He's a big chunky guy, too. A bit wobbly-jointed like a lot of the older larger bears. He's adorable! I've cuddled him a lot since he arrived at the end of March. 

And that wraps that up. I've only gotten one bear since Nimbus, but he arrived today and therefore is April.

No comments:

Post a Comment