Monday, April 12, 2021

REVIEW: Disney Scarlet Witch


I couldn't resist the new Scarlet Witch from Shop Disney. She's definitely my favorite character in the entire MCU. 

The price of $44.99 is a bit steep, but I was willing to pay it for her. It's not like she has a ton of dolls out or anything. 

She's still a pre-order on the website, but mine shipped a few days ago. 

The box itself was really weird. It's like you take the whole thing apart to debox her, and it's really flimsy. 



This is one of those reviews that's not much of a review, because I'm not taking any of her pieces off. 

I'm honestly not even sure the red plastic top comes off. 

I like the design of this outfit and the execution is decent. I think of her as an action figure/doll hybrid. Not fully one, not fully the other. 


 

Her face is pretty, though not gorgeous. You can definitely see a hint of Elizabeth Olsen in there. 

I'm not removing whatever product is in her hair. I like it kind of "I'm using my powers and my hair is standing up." It's flying out like her cape is. 


 

And now there were two. 

Wanda is the only Hot Toys I own. She was worth it. They still look really cool together, even if there is a definite difference in quality. 

I wish they would do more female superhero dolls. I miss DCSG, but I'd prefer more Marvel characters. I mean, the X-Men. Just give me the X-Men. A comic-inspired doll line, not from movies. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I was wondering how SW would look in reality. I think I'll stick with my Funkos just due to space and having already previously committed to them, but I'm glad they actually made a doll for her.

    I would kill for a comic inspired X-Men doll line. Gimme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They already made one, right? Barbie signature marvel 80th anniversary. They made three: storm, mystique, and phoenix.

      Delete
    2. I think OP meant an actual, full-scale not just 3, regular-priced X-Men line. I know that's what I've always wanted.

      Delete
  2. I see something intresting on her shoulders,yoga joints???? You must show her body nude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly not sure all those pieces come off. I'm nervous to try.

      Delete
    2. Can you just put off one of her gloves and show us her arm?

      Delete
    3. Her wrist has typical articulation, her elbow looks like a Rainbow High knee, and there's a joint right under the shoulder that's like an action figure. Best I can do. I'm too busy for more.

      Delete