Tuesday, January 7, 2020

REVIEW: Hairdorables Hairmazing Harmony and Willow



Had a bit of a hiccup with these reviews. Willow was supposed to arrive Sunday, but USPS sent me some nonsense about the driveway being blocked. Yeah, no, there are multiple ways to reach my building. I think the issue was that she was in a ridiculously huge box and they knew they couldn't fit her in the package hub and the office was closed. But she was dropped off today, along with Harmony and LOL OMG Busy BB. (The latter two were placed together in a reasonable box that fit perfectly into the hub. Amazon, ladies and gents.)





As with Bella, these two came from Amazon and cost $19.99 each. I might be done with this line for now. I'm honestly not sure. These three were the ones I wanted most, but I love them a lot, so I kinda want the others, but then I look at them and I'm like "Ehhhhh..." Kali is the one that will most possibly be added to the set.


I'm refraining from deboxing photos this time. You saw how the set up went with Bella.

I decided to put all their crap on at once, so you can see it.

Harmony's sunglasses are actually pretty cool, but they obscure her eye makeup, which I love. Willow's look like she stole them from Rayne.

Every doll has a different-shaped brush.

I hate Harmony's hula hoop earrings.

Willow's headband is actually cute, but almost impossible to keep on her head. She has a partially shaved spot and it just does not sit well.







So these are the only photos you'll get of these particular pieces.



I'm keeping Harmony mostly as is. No earrings, no sunglasses. No other changes.

I like most of her outfit. The black vinyl hotpants and two-toned tights cry out for a way better shirt than that thing though. I do like the pink vinyl collar and cuffs and the sheer sleeves, but the print is yuck. The giant gold boots don't really go either. All of her outfit pieces are separate, so points for that.

Little Harmony has such great outfits that this is a disappointment. She's not out there enough. Not even close. They could have really gone wild with her, yet they chose to make a doll reminiscent of Harmony Highlights.



Her makeup is crazy though. I love the blue under the eyes and her eyeshadow is blue leopard print with white starry sparkles.

The hat stays on fine if you're displaying her, but there's no way it will stay on for kids.




Her boots were the easiest footwear to get on of the three girls.

I do like the funky soles and their shape. I think they would have been much better in black.







Better shot of the purse.






Willow lost the headband and sunglasses.

She's the only one that I think the oversized earring works on and that's because it's a feather, which would be lightweight and almost realistically doable.




Cute rainbow purse with actual fabric tassels, but again, why is she stealing from Rayne?!

The dress is a nice shape, although I'm not huge on the design. Seriously, the small dolls' have way better designed clothing than these, which is pretty sad.

The stockings I like though. But watch out for the hem of the dress getting stuck to them. It likes to.







She has a partially-shaved head, which I did not notice and super love. The stubble is glittery!

And there's a good shot of the big feather earring.




And here's the small gold one in the right ear.

Here you can see her makeup, too. I like the uneven look.

The eyes are the best part of this line with their high level of detail and unusual makeup choices.







Another shot just because she's cute.

Her swept back bangs are both gelled and tied down. That also made putting the headband on a struggle.

Her shoes are the best in the line. The others are a bit more on the realistic side, but not Willow! They're glittery, milky translucent with big pink tassels that are reminiscent of unicorn tails. The heels aren't very stable, but they're neat pastel twists, so who cares? That's what stands are for.

They did feel a little unstable when I put them on, which is why they won't be coming off. The thin plastic at the top that wraps around her ankle felt really weak to me and I worried about tearing it.

That leaves Harmony the only one with stable shoes, which meant she got the honors of being the nude photo. Heh.

These girls have a torso joint!

And they've got a great range of motion.

I opted not to do a giant body comparison shot, because I worked a double today and I'm tired. So if there's a specific line you want me to photograph her next to, let me know. Likewise, let me know if you want to know if such and such line's clothes fit these or vice versa. I can do a follow up post with more photos and the answers to your questions.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment: