Tuesday, January 21, 2020

REVIEW: Enchantimals catch up



One big post for all the Enchantimals I just deboxed!

Poor Andie Alligator never got opened from when I got her back in spring. Sorry, Andie.

I love the idea of this set. Gator dentist.


And it's really cute out of the box, too. All the little instruments have a slot to fit into on the table.

The mouth cast got flipped upside down in the pic. Definitely my fave of the accessories.








Andie is surprisingly pretty without her safety goggles.




See?






Yep, definitely a surprise! If I'd known she was this pretty, I probably would have opened her ages ago.





Marshy is adorable, too, and that's one of the better pet names.

For $13.99, this is one of the better Enchantimals sets for kids. You get a lot to play with!


Now we can tackle the new farm-themed dolls. I honestly thought Enchantimals was done in the US, so I was happily surprised that these came out.

I ended up needing to get two Ciestas.




Because this was my first. She's going back to Amazon tomorrow.

Nice nose misprint, Mattel. Yeesh.





I wasn't super interested in Ciesta from her promo pics, but I really like the actual doll. She's kind of a grayish-lavender.

Love the outfit. Her boots are so cute!

And Climber is pretty cute, too.





I wasn't going to get Redward, but then I figured why not? Hixby could use a second boy in the line.

He's cuter than his promo pics.







Out of the box and even cuter still.




Cluck is adorable.



I saw a review for Redward where someone was complaining that he had the same body mold as Hixby. He has the same face, too. The differences are the hair and boots.

But they look different enough to me that it doesn't matter a bit.

Yeesh, just be happy there was a new boy at all!

Redward is currently able to be purchased on Amazon, but not in stock until the 29th.


Now we've got Cambrie, the second cow girl in the line.

This set is out of stock on Amazon. The duck set is also sold out. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for her, as she was the one I didn't order.




Mine has a misprinted face, but I actually like the quirky expression it gives her.

Gah, those cows are cute.

I love Cambrie's boots, too.



The big one is Ricotta. The other two are Mac and Cheese. No idea which is which.

I'm disappointed that the small cows have that stupid hole in the back and the little prongs so the doll can hold them. Biggest design mistake ever for this line. Who's gonna hoist up a baby cow? Come on. 





Here are the two cow girls together: Cailey and Cambrie. I prefer Cambrie.





Haydie must be the most overworked Enchantimal in the land. She's got to take care of the nursery!

This set really has a lot for $19.99. I'd recommend it as a nice gift for a kid to play with.

There's the barn backdrop with the branch for the basket to hang on. I thin that branch might swing out, too. I didn't think to try it.

Then there's a changing and feeding table with 3 bottles.

Then a rocking crib with an adorable mobile.

Little baby duck and lamb.



Actually took a separate pic of that as I was deboxing.

The diapered lamb is so cute.



Here's Trotter the horse.

I love the nest of eggs. There's actually the top of the egg shell that can snap on to keep the little chick safe inside, because that tiny thing is a separate piece!





And Haydie herself. Very cute!

Yeah, this set definitely has a lot of play potential. I would have had a lot of fun with it when I was a kid.

There we go! All caught up.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

20 comments:

  1. I dont like any Mattel products except these and DC superhero girls
    It's because they ruined one of the best lines with a reboot
    I hope monster high comes back
    And that Mattel gets back on their feet and realize that they can't afford to screw up
    Sorry if this offended you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I think all things have their time to end. MH was already making too many dolls, yet we still weren't getting the characters we really wanted with either them or EAH. I didn't mind the reboot because it added some really neat details to some of the dolls like Cleo's wraps and Clawdeen's fur. And I love Silvi. I'm still mad we didn't get a sig doll for her in her much better darker look. But they made good and bad choices throughout their entire existence, not just at the end.

      No company has ever been perfect and none ever will. I'm still going to buy what I like from them all.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope lines that barely had any dolls get rereleased in a new year
    Like Novi stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Novis would do better now that there's no MH in existence. The articulation snobs still would whine and not buy them. But there's definitely an empty space where some more unusual dolls could fit.

      Delete
  4. Yeah super Nova's is one of the best examples of how Novi stars are so amazing and detailed and how amazing MGA is at designing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving these new enchantimals. And yes,I did see that same review on the boys and honestly, people have their own opinions...but just like you said, I'm glad we got another boy doll.
    I'm just happy that we got to order these and not get them from overseas. I would love to get the café, but those other two playsets are already so big, I don't know where I would put that one. Believe it or not, this is a big line if you collect most of the signatures and some extra ones for their "things".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a question
    If Novi stars rereleased the last dolls again
    Would you want them to look more like their prototypes
    Or look the same as their current final dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't remember if I've ever seen the protos. But I like the finals.

      Delete
    2. Don't worry here's the defenition of each girls prototype

      Frostina: she had bangs and her top was glittery and her body was clear not just her legs

      Carmela: her skirt had more neone colors like blue green and oarnge
      Her eyelashes also looked a bit different and she had an extra candy on her makeup on the prototype

      Doe: her antennas are Nita lites and her dress has more flowers and her hair is a pastel purple also like her face and arms her lags had brown shading, but were removed due to her special feature

      Justina: her hair wasn't in a ponytail and it had white streaks and was crimped
      She had a red wind up on her head, her antennas were more moved apart, her belt had black and silver paint on it,
      Also Novi stars released a line of secret mystery egg pets and I think zogi and Justina are the perfect pair!

      Delete
    3. Also there should've been a line called

      Party Nova's™

      These are the characters apart of this line I made

      Pastull Pop(Birthday Party)
      Lily Shock(Garden Party)
      Dima Shine(Glitter Party)
      Cici Super Glow(Glo party)

      Also these are their special features!

      Pastull(she has mini balls in her legs and they float up when she's turned upside down)

      Lily(on the top of her head she has a heart lever when pulled up her hair turns shorter, when pushed down her hair is long again)

      Dima(her arms are bendy so you can pose them however you want)

      Cici(her eyes change when you pull her antenna and her skin is glittery and her face and her accessories all glow!)

      Of these features is the most unique one please answer!

      Delete
    4. I'd say the antenna eye change. That sounds neat.

      Delete
  7. That's similar to Mimi's eye thing where you pull her antenna also Lily's feature is one not even similar to any other Novi so I'm really proud of her
    Cici would be an exclusive the others would be available at all retailers they do have pets but I'll comment about them soon!
    Would you buy any of these if this was a line?
    Would you buy them all?
    Is there one you wouldn't get?
    Comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to see them. I'm very visual when it comes to dolls. Gotta see it first.

      Delete
  8. Sadly you can't send pictures when commenting so I'll break it down, I know I'm dumb uwu

    Lily: Lily's colors are similar to Justina's , Lily's hair as mentioned doesn't stay the same it can become short with a single pull,

    Her hair is black and hot pink and has some white streaks
    Her dress is black with pink side lineing and a silver zipper, she has a pink belt with golden studz there is a pink heart gem and it goes down to a black vine with silver and white detailing
    Her shoes are black with silver detailed and golden button and pink bottoms
    Her skin is green her eyelashes are glittery neon green and her lips are hot pink, her hair is long and she has bangs longer on one side than the other

    Pastull: her hair is white aqua and light pink and in the front there is a little twist, her dress on the top has white and pink glittery ruffles with ice cream and sprinkles on her top
    Her bottom is a half light pink half dark pink pattern with jewel like lining her shoes are mismatched one is pink the other is green she has wings that are glittery and has see through arms


    Dima: Dima has purple hair with silver and indigo tinsel in it and there are several braids on the back she has very short bangs too
    Dimas dress is gem shaped and it's sparkly with gems on the lace and lining and her dress has lace that black and silver glittery
    Her shoes are silver pumps with studded heels with purple bows



    Cici: Cici has white hair with glow and the dark streaks and neon hair, she wears a bodysuit that has checkered prints on it, her shoes are glittery white and black shoes that can glow in the dark and her armlets her mouse shaped ears and her visor glow in rainbow colors

    Well that is all of them so opinions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound cool, but as I said, it's hard for me to visualize.

      Delete
  9. Ok I'll just leave ya alone and creep into meh hole again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool that you're excited about your ideas. It's just that my brain doesn't really work that way, so I don't feel I can fairly form opinions based on an incomplete picture.

      Delete
  10. I wish I could make at least prototypes of them but that takes actual money MGA is a company but I'm a single person so these dolls aren't gonna exsist unless MGA brings the dolls back and sees my ideas
    Also I wanna make a wave 2 to this idea and these are the characters im not asking for an opinion this time because I'm still going through some concepts

    Snowey Freeze(Snowball party)

    Teania Cup(Tea party)

    Ro-bo-tikal.(Dance party)

    Min Ling(Chinese New Year party)

    Like Cici Min Ling would be an exclusive but the others like lily,Dima,and Pastull would be available at all retailers

    Also like super novas these girls would be taller and would have knee joints im still thinking of special features for these 4 girls, what do you think they should be?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are their features

    Snowey(her entire body is fuzzy and her legs are filled with snow that floats)

    Teania(her eyes light up when you push her eareings)

    Ro-bo-tikal(you can push up the slide on her robotic eye to reveal a secret that changes each time)

    Min(her hair can glow in neon colors when you push her antennas pushing both makes her hair a neon rainbow!)

    Which of these features is the most unique

    ReplyDelete