Wednesday, May 18, 2022

REVIEW: Ruby Red Fashion Friends Siblies Nellie



Nellie arrived today! I only just got a ship notice two days ago and here she is already. She'd already been moving through China before I got the notice, but it was still really fast. 


I was a late order on Nellie. I'm still surprised she didn't sell out like Victor. I kept seeing her advertised on Facebook and ended up caving and ordering. 





I was hoping she'd come dressed but no.






Mine is #90.




The buttons on the blouse are real ones with buttonholes. No velcro up the back of this blouse. She has pearl buttons on the cuffs that slip through a loop of thread. I opted to avoid those, figuring I'd struggle enough with the main buttons, and managed to get one hand through the sleeve without opening the pearl closure. The other one I got through but it undid the closure. Then of course it was really easy to close. Ugh. Should have just opened them in the first place, but I never trust thread closures. I always think they're going to break. Anyway, pearl cuff buttons easy to close, main front buttons less easy but not horrible. She also has a thread loop and metal hook at the collar that was easy to close. 




The skirt has a similar hook and thread loop closure and was easy to get on. 




The collar bow is on a safety pin-type closure. It wasn't really easy to get on. 

The barrettes were pretty easy. 

The boots went on nicely and zipped easily but I struggled with the laces. The right boot lace is tied perfectly and never came undone, but the left one did and then wouldn't stay tied until I double-knotted it. 




She's so pretty. Definitely my favorite of the three Siblies I  have. I can't believe she didn't sell. 





Super cute boots. 





The wig was a bit of a struggle to get on exactly how I liked it but it just took patience. 




Her hair is a lovely brown with a carroty red underside. Streaks of the red show through the brown in the back. 



Overall, I love this doll. My only real complaint is that it's not the easiest to dress these when they don't come that way. The buttons, safety pins, ribbon laces, etc. are nice, realistic details but don't always lend themselves to easy-to-dress. I have tiny fingers for an adult so I can't imagine how other people do this when I struggle. 

I'm not a big steampunk fan thanks to people in the subculture I've met, so I don't seek out steampunk-themed dolls nor am I typically attracted to them, but there is something about Nellie that I adore. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment