Wednesday, May 11, 2022

OVERVIEW: Lounging Lizards PVCs

Mine

 
These guys are one of my most random collections. I think I started picking them up from Pranceatron Toys forever ago. I think I got most of mine from there. Not sure I got any from ebay until this past year, which were the first new ones I bought in ages. 

I'm not sure what the origin of these is. They seem like some sort of meal toy, but they're a heavy, nicely-made PVC figure.

The earliest set has a beach theme. These are marked "1998 PRG" and all the sets are marked "Made in China." 

I'm going to be mixing photos here. The first one of each set I'll post is my collection followed by the only other photos that really exist of these guys, which are from a Flickr account I'll link in the credits. 

Not mine

So the beach set has what looks like 4 different designs. I'm not sure if each design comes in all 4 colors or not. 

Beach Ball/Sunglasses: Comes in green, pink, blue and yellow. The other collector has the green there on the right. The yellow I have in the photo above. This design has a closed smile. 

Inner Tube: I don't have this one, but there are green and pink in the other collector's photo. 

Towel/Sunglasses: This one is only seen in pink so far. He has an odd grimace on his face, maybe because he's about to step onto hot sand or something. 

Pail/Shovel: I have this in yellow, while the other collector also has pink. He's got a big smile with teeth showing. 

These guys have two toes but three fingers and a thumb. 

Mine

 Next up is the 1999 winter-themed set. 

 These are very similar to the beach set. They're marked "1999 PRG." 

 These designs also have hands with three fingers and a thumb, but now they also have three toes. 





Not mine

Like the beach set, there are 4 different designs in 4 different colors. 

Hockey: The hockey player is shown in purple, aqua and the darker blue, but it's likely he also exists in the lighter blue. 

Ice Skater: Proof that at least one of these comes in all 4 colors. The other collector has them all: light blue, aqua, dark blue and purple. 

Snowboarder: All but purple are pictured. 

Sled: I have him in the lighter blue, other collector has the darker. 

Mine

 The next set is a group of wizards from 2001. I'm not sure if there was a set in 2000 and we just don't have any but it seems more likely they skipped a year. 

 These are marked "2001 PRG, Inc" which is different than the first sets.

 The wizards are also different in that there are 6 different designs and 6 different colors. This is by far the largest set they did. These have the three toes like the winter set.



Not mine

The other collector has these split up by color so there's no real good way to list them off. I'm just going to do it by pose again and you can jump back and forth between the photos. 

Bouncy Tail: He's the first one on the left in my photo above. I have him in the yellow-orange color. The other collector has him in blue and orange. 

Bottle: I have yellow-orange and orange. Other collector has blue and purple. 

Not mine


Starfish: I have red and purple. Other collector has green and blue. 

Staff: I have purple. Other collector has yellow-orange, red, green and orange. 



Not mine




Spellbook: I have blue and green. (The blue is my favorite of all these sets.) Other collector has yellow-orange, purple and orange. 



Not mine


 


Broom: I don't have any with the broom, but the other collector has him in green, blue and purple. 




Mine





After the huge wizard set, the last two sets would shrink to having six designs in a single color each. 


The Western set is marked "2002 PRG, Inc." 

Not mine




 There's a purple card player, a pink cowgirl,  a green musician, a yellow one with a snake, a blue having a rope mishap, and an orange on a "horse."



Mine

The final set I actually have all six. These have a sci-fi theme and are marked "2004 Kid Stuff Marketing, Inc." Still made in China but now there's what appears to be a phone number underneath. Odd. 

There are six designs, no color variations. I'm not going to describe them as I'm not sure what exactly to call some of these vehicles they're on. 

So those are my random lizards. If you know what they are or have any I need, please reach out!


ETA: Got some info! Kid Stuff Marketing produces items used by smaller restaurants and likely things like schools and small carnivals as prizes. These weren't connected to any one specific place, but I did find a name: Lounging Lizards!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine where noted. "Not mine" are from: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43980779@N02/

5 comments:

  1. I just found one of these in a big bin of toys. It's got light orange skin, teal outfit, holding a broom. Have you found anything else on them? Google lens bring me ONLY to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much unfortunately. They were definitely meal toys, as I have one from the UK still sealed in the original plastic baggie. But they may also have been sold in places other than restaurants. There are two of the wizards on ebay right now in their plastic baggies, which are only marked Wizard Lizards and nothing else. I'm actually working on a post with my updated collection, as I just got a couple new wizards finally.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to list the 2 that I found on Ebay as well. These were definitely acquired in the USA as they were in a tub of McDonald's, Wendys, Taco Bell and Burger King Toys ranging from 1990-2000 Thanks for the response!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I'm pretty sure I just bought yours. I don't have any of the wizard with the broom and I didn't have the blue with the potion bottle either, so we helped each other out.

      Delete
    4. You sure did! Thanks a bunch! I’ll make a note if I find more, I’ll message you through eBay before I list them!

      Delete