Sunday, May 8, 2022

MONTH IN REVIEW: April 2022


Ah, time for Month in Review for April. I am totally exhausted. I've been busy at work and struggling with my allergies, so I'm still lagging behind on Shadow High Ash's review. Hopefully I'll get it done this week. Mother's Day is typically the biggest day of the year for the restaurant industry and all weekend has been super busy. I'm so glad it's over for another year. So I figured it would be good to wind down by doing this post and then getting to bed. Still have two more work days to go!

So this is the larger Meilin as red panda plush from Shop Disney. I love her but she is HUGE. 

I need to take a photo of my Priya and Abby plush that I got on ebay. And my other TR stuff, too.




I finally caved and got some Gund P.Lushes. And then got a bunch more. I have a total of 9 now. Two aren't pictured (the black sheep and paisley pony). 



The rest of this month is all CBs so feel free to check out if you're not into them. 


This is Dixie, who's an older bear I purchased from another collector. I've always liked her but thought she was much bigger than she turned out to be. I'm glad I finally got her. This cushy, cottony soft plush is used on two of my other older faves (Befuddle and Edith) so I knew she'd be cuddly. Might end up with her green brother Colin eventually 






Vernon is a 2022 bear that I fell in love with and got from Australia. My mom bought him as a gift. 

He's soft and gorgeous. Skinnier than I expected. It's so hard to judge bear sizes from photos.



I think I mentioned getting picked in the Chimney purchase draw last review. Well, here he is! He's a big guy, the biggest of the dragons yet. He's perching on tthe arm of my couch beside my endtable of favored dolls. This looks completely different now because both Isabel and Mari have moved to make room for SH Shani and Heather.




Tilly is a 2022 Secret Collection bear that we got surprisingly early in the US. I was intrigued by her unusual fur and I like her even better in person. 



Ah, my celebratory bears. I decided to treat myself to importing two more 2022 collection characters from Australia. I've gotten 4 total now. I need to stop! We're actually getting 2022s in the US now so I'm trying not to import any more. 

This is Zach, one of my big wants from this year. He's tyber, teeny, and so adorably huggable. I actually am planning on also getting him from my stockist if she gets ones with good faces. A lot of Zachs tend to look sad or worried, so I'd definitely be up for adopting one that didn't have that expression. 


 


My second import was Zelda. I added her to my preorders but ended up in the last spot. Well, when I saw the assortment from Australia, I only liked about half of them, so I figured my chances of being left a good one were kinda slim. I went ahead and ordered this one because she was one of the two I liked best. I try not to cancel preorders often, though when I do, I replace them with another bear so there's no missing money. 



Mortimer is one I had no real interest in. We just had a white lion, Dandy, not long ago and I adore mine. But as I saw more owner pics, I ended up falling for Mortimer. I like his different-shaped paws. Dandy is the standard look so it was good that they changed up Mortimer. 

He's a big guy but skinnier so he still fits on the shelf beside Dandy. White lions gotta stick together. 


This last batch of arrivals was technically all here on May 2nd, but I'd chosen several of them well before that. It was a long, drawn out adoption process this time, what with waiting for people to choose and whatnot. So I'm lumping them in April's post because it's my blog and I can. Heh. 


This is River. He'd actually come in once before, but I didn't care for either of the two left, so I waited for more. I like this one with his one barely there eyebrow. He's supposed to have two visible eyebrows but CB doesn't have the best QC when it comes to the brows. Sometimes they're not there and way more often, they're very mismatched. I think River is adorable mostly without brows.


See? These are good brows but several of this bear didn't have them done this nicely. He was better on average than River was though. 

This guy is Ray. I was not planning on getting him at all, but I fell for this particular one and he was still there after everyone who preordered had picked. I swapped one of my other preorders for him instead, though I'll definitely be back for one of the other bear. Probably next time new stuff comes in, which is soon. 

This little guy just has the cutest "who, me?" face as Charlie calls it. 



Way less "who, me?" is little Cinnamon. He was part of the grouping that also included Kodiak, Kermode (I have him), Eugene (the preorder I swapped for Ray), and I think Daria. 


I love how grumpy this little chonk is.


 



Kayleigh here I was not certain I was getting. She has a lot of varied looks, which definitely have a range of cuteness levels. Thankfully this one's soulful eyes won me over right away. 




Burrows the mole! Supercute Bearhouse range character. 




He hangs out with Dringle the sloth. 

Last but never least is sweet, sassy little Lockmaster. She is the smallest of the three gargoyles, but definitely has the most personality. I had first pick of the three my stockist got and I chose this one quickly. There's something in her eyes that reminds me of my dog Pixie, who passed in January. 

And there we have April and a little bit of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment