Thursday, December 16, 2021

REVIEW: Aphmau Meemow Blind Boxes

I bought a dozen of these Aphmau blind boxes from Walmart for $9.97 each. I have the soda cat already from a previous purchase. They were sold out for quite some time. 

Now I've watched these on ebay and I've noticed that 3 of the 8 characters never show up for sale. I figured if I bought this many, I'd have a shot at getting one IF they exist. 

Spoiler: They do not. The only Aphmau minis available right now are the fast food-themed ones. The sugar skull, the pumpkin and the regular cat were not in my 12. Not even one. So with that combined with ebay's results, I'm pretty sure those 3 aren't available. Why you would create a line of only 8 characters and not make them all right away is beyond me. 


The fast food ones are really cute. They're all cute. They're just not the ones I wanted most.


So here are the burger and fries cats. The thing on the fry cat's head is supposed to be a cup of ketchup, but it certainly doesn't look like one. 






These are the taco and soda cats, my two faves of this batch. 



And here's the donut cat. 




I leaned them on my Barbie Extras Mini box (I'll be working on that review later) so you could see their faces. 

In case anyone is wondering about the numbers, I got: 2 soda, 2 taco, 2 fries, 3 burger, and 3 donut in my assortment of 12. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. This is another reason I love your blog - I find out about new dolls and toys, that I wouldn't otherwise.
    These are so cute. They remind me so much of the Nyancat stuff I was super into...like...10+ years ago, but it was all so hard to find and so expensive!
    Gosh, I can't believe this stuff is at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are super cute, but I wish the assortment was better and they weren't so hard to find. I sold all my doubles off on ebay in only a couple days, which is good, but it's proof of demand.

      Delete
  2. I hunted down this Amazon link - it looks like you can buy individual ones from it, and it does have the skull one as an option
    https://www.amazon.com/Aphmau-Plushies-Sandwich-Hamburger-Werewolf/dp/B09MS2L8PS/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2KXMCPM0H8YO0&keywords=Aphmau&qid=1640050327&sprefix=aphmau%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-9

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure those are knockoffs, but for that price, I gave it a shot. I can always return it and get a good laugh if it's goofy. Heh. The cats come in 2 sizes and the big ones definitely have knockoffs. They're on ebay a lot. I just lost an auction for a real skull cat, so why not give this a chance?

      Delete