Thursday, December 2, 2021

MONTH IN REVIEW: October & November 2021


I opted to combine October and November because I honestly don't have much to show. 


This is Kingsley. He's a regular collection bear, but I was so exhausted from overwork that I decided to treat myself to a couple import bears from Charlie Bears Direct UK. 




I grabbed Kaleidoscope along with Kingsley. He's very random pattern so I had no idea what he'd look like. I still have a pre-order for him, so I'll likely choose another with a brighter face. This guy is really cute though so he may be one of those where I keep twins. 


I am still absolutely floored by this. This year, the generous souls behind Charlie Bears are doing three free draws for each of their six Best Friends Club exclusive characters. One person in the US, one in Australia and one in the UK/Europe will be chosen to get a character for free. I somehow missed the posting of the free draw video for Perky and then suddenly, I had an email in my inbox. I was the winner of the US draw! I'm never that level of lucky. It's shocking. And I loved how they did the draw, too, but you'd have to watch the video to see it. (It involves archery!) Perky is absolutely darling. I love her! She's not one I would have chosen for myself, but only because I have to be incredibly choosy when it comes to mohair. She looks so cute next to my Clarabelle elephant, too. Thank you so much, Charlie Bears!



Ballantyne is one of those older, wobbly-jointed, super floppy, wild-furred guys that I always like to see, though I don't own many. He's the kind of floppy I used to be really worried about, but now I've gotten used to it. I like his fur colors and his big starey eyes in the dark face.


Ragsy was featured on the last Sneaky Peeks magazine, so when it was revealed she would only be for sale on QVC UK, there were a lot of unhappy American collectors. I understand they were celebrating being with QVC for 15 years, but considering how behind the US is with deliveries (no matter how much it makes sense) seeing another thing the UK got and we didn't wasn't the best feeling. Thankfully, several people got help from wonderful UKers. I couldn't afford it, so I expected not to get one. Then CB Direct said they'd be getting some in and they ship internationally, so I put myself on the wishlist, got the email and bought her. I don't have the original Ragsy, though I do have Dolce, who's very similar. I prefer this 13" size to the original 10" honestly. I wish they'd do Dolce, too! Ragsy is very soft and lovely colors. 

Oh, Rheya. It's been an insane year for CBs and the Best Friends Club exclusive bears were no exception. They finally figured out they could offer us US members the chance to purchase our exclusives directly from the UK Bearhouse. Some opted to do so with Rheya, while others opted to wait and adopt her once she got to the US Cubhouse. I chose the UK, because I'm impatient that way. It's honestly not that much more and you get your order super fast. However, then the Rheyas were delayed getting to the UK! But they finally made it and I was able to order her and get her home before vacation. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her, but I knew I wanted her. Turns out she's gorgeous! Perfect little darker "makeup" lines on the outer edges of her eyes. Her colors are lovely, too, and she's cuddly. A lot of people love her and I'm now one of them for sure.


I've never been bit by the squish bug. I always thought they were cute and I had one, but left it behind after the hurricane. I got a moon one a few months ago, but I've not bonded with it at all and I'll likely sell it. 

However, when I saw the Day of the Dead line, I was smitten. I managed to get the tiny Delfina from FiveBelow.com, but I had to fight for the larger Delfina and Glixa. (Isn't that a great name? I love it.) I sent in offers on Mercari that were ignored. I purchased Delfina on Mercari and it was marked shipped then refunded. I bought the pair on Amazon and it was marked shipped and refunded. Seriously. Then I finally found this pair, which came along with a pumpkin one in a witch hat that I gave to Mom, for only $61. Sold. 

They are HUGE. I wasn't paying attention to the sizes when I was looking for them, so I thought they were around the same size as my moon. Haaaaaaaa. Shows how little I know about these. I adore them. Definitely worth the struggle. Glixa is the cutest with her little smile and Delfina is gorgeous. 

So that wraps up the past two months. December will likely be loaded with CBs, as we're finally getting a new shipment in! I'm really looking forward to picking faces while I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment