Tuesday, September 8, 2020

REVIEW: LOL Surprise Spooky Sparkle

 

Woo, three reviews today!

Let's get started. 

Up first, we've got the LOL Surprise Spooky Sparkle duo. I'm really not into LOLs much anymore. Mostly just the occasional OMG doll nowadays, and even those I'm not nearly as into lately. I need to sell some of my older ones. But anyway. 

I couldn't resist the Spooky Sparkle series, because I love Halloween and because I love both these characters. 

These were $9.99 each on Amazon.


I'm very glad these weren't blind. With my usual luck, I would have gotten a bunch of the same one. 

Witchay is on the left and Bonita is on the right. They do have different clues. 

I ADORE the pumpkin balls!




Let's start with Witchy. I'm calling her Witchy. I'm almost 42. I can't type Witchay without cringing. 

Inside the pumpkin are two pieces of the handle that you stick together and then attach. Then we've got instructions and a character tag. Sticker? I'm not sure. I didn't check. 


I didn't take a photo of the bagged items, because we've all seen LOL bags before. And my battery was running low. Even though this is the first review I'm writing, it's actually the last I photographed. 

I LOVE the printed outfit on the doll! I've seen LOL (and Na Na Na) under fire for this type of outfit recently, but I've never cared about stuff like that. Fishnet doesn't mean slut. Besides, it's a doll. 



Her outfit is 3 pieces and I love it. 

The shoes have a weird platform that I don't care for, but when it's all put together, it works. 



Here are both versions!

I prefer the outfit on the new one, but the boots on the old. 

I like both hairstyles, too. That short bob is possibly my favorite LOL mold.


 



On to Bebe Bonita. I never got the original version, so I was really happy they released her like this, 




Dressed up. She's so pretty!

I love the colors. 

I do wish there was a bit of black somewhere other than the shoes though. It would balance them out a bit more. 


Sorry if these last shots aren't great. I squeezed them in between "battery exhausted" alerts. 

Witchy's hat does not like to stay on. But neither does the original's so at least they're consistent. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments: