Tuesday, September 8, 2020

REVIEW: Itty Bitty Prettys Tea Party Surprise

 

Saved the best for last! I have seen these in stores twice, but only just caved today. The Walmart by work didn't have Secret Crush, so I got this instead. (Then got my Secret Crush at the Walmart by home.) There was only one in the store, which I'm very disappointed by now because I am addicted. 

Pretty sure this was in the $10 range, too. Most of these things are now. 

So these are Itty Bitty Prettys by Zuru, who makes the Rainbocorns and 5 Surprise. 





The cardboard base contains the white saucer and 2 packets. Also a checklist, which will be at the end. 





While inside the cup are the doll, a teabag and a little fizz surprise. 

The blue pouch from the base contained a teapot with removable lid, a teacup, and a butterfly. The little doodads on the butterfly are meant to be punched out and mixed into the marshmallow slime, but I'm not doing that. I actually really like how they look in the butterfly shape. 

I hardly ever like the slop that comes with blind-packed toys now, but I kept this slime. It's the nice, dry marshmallow kind and it actually smells amazing. Like grape, but more somehow. 



The red pouch from the teabag contains the doll. Or in this case, the doll and her glasses. 

I knew from the accessories that I was getting a girly one and not one of the edgier characters. I was groaning pretty hard at that. But...


...I actually really love her. She's so dorky cute. 

I like the more exaggerated proportions and she's nicely-articulated. 

Her hair is very soft, too. 

There is definite quality here.


I did what you're supposed to do next, but I took no photos. I put water in the teacup and dunked the teabag. Her outfit with wings, overskirt and shoes were all in there. They were a little slimy from the bag melting, so be sure to wash them well. 

Then I went to dress her, hence this picture. Their heads do come off. I thought it would be easy to dress her with her head off. Her hands are oversized and not easy to get through the armholes of her outfit. So yeah, her head came right off and getting that part of the outfit on was much easier for it. Then came the skirt. SIGH. I dunno how kids are supposed to do this stuff. It took me probably a good five minutes to get the skirt up over the bottom of the main part of the outfit. Why not just make a dress? She's got a purple leotard painted on her! It would look the same if they'd just made her a dress and then let the leotard show through the bottom. Urgh. 


I did finally get it on! And then went to put her head back on and realized...it's not as easy as it is with LOLs. So I fought with it and got it back on, only to see that the skirt had slid down. ARGH. 

Worth it though. She's the cutest little thing. My only complaint about her is the struggle to put her outfit on. That's literally it. 


With her glasses on.

After dressing her, I went back to the teacup and dropped the fizzy cube in. Definitely plug your drains if you're doing this part in a sink. And you may want to because the fizz creates colored water. Mine was yellow with red specks. 

But inside the fizz were her last accessories: teeny tiny silver bracelets. (Not shown in this pic.)



Here she is! This is Sipper-Ella. Not sure what a fairy has to do with Cinderella, but eh, why not. 

I really, really want more of these now, but I bought the last one in that store and my store by home doesn't carry them (yet). Maybe they'll be in Target tomorrow. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.


1 comment: